DU Cut off 2018: DU first cut off 2018 for UG Admission 2018 released on du.ac.in, admission process explained
Delhi University on Monday released the First Cut Off 2018 on its official website, du.ac.in. Direct links to DU First Cut off 2018 PDF files for Science, and Arts and Commerce have been given below. Check first DU cutoff list on direct links below. Alternatively, visit the aforementioned website and find the official press release and DU first cutoff document on the homepage itself.
Link for DU’s first cut-off for Science stream- http://www.du.ac.in/du/uploads/Admissions/Cut-off/2018/Science_1.pdf
Link for DU’s first cut-off for Commerce & Arts stream- http://www.du.ac.in/du/uploads/Admissions/Cut-off/2018/ArtsCommerce_1.pdf
Gargi College, one of DU’s premiere girls’ colleges has released the first cut off too on gargi.du.ac.in, following in the footsteps of the North campus colleges. Economics hons and Applied Psychology are the courses with highest first cut off at Gargi with 97% each. BA programme cut off is 92%. English hons 95.5%. Political Science 95%. More colleges would be releasing their cut-offs shortly. The consolidated DU first cut off the list is expected by tomorrow morning. Keep
Hindu College, North Campus, Delhi University has released the first cut off on hinducollege.ac.in. B.A. Economics hons, English Hons and BSc Physics hons cut off is the highest at 98%. BA programme cutoff has been fixed at 97%. History hons cut off stands at 96.25%. Political Science 97%.
Kirori Mal College, KMC, another renowned north campus college has released its first cut off on the official website, kmcollege.ac.in. For General category, the highest cutoff has gone for the course of Economics Hons with 97.75%. B.A. Programme first cut off from KMC is 96%. Kirori Mal English hons cut off is 97%. Hindi hons cut off is 90%. Geography Hons cut off is 96.25%. Political Science Cutoff is 96.75%, History hons 95.5%. BCom Hons first cut off from KMC is 97.5%.
Hansraj College has released the first cut off for undergraduate DU Admission 2018. For the most sought-after course of B.A. English Hons from Delhi University, DU, the cut off has been fixed at 97.25%. For Economics Hons, first cut off is 98%. However, the official website hansrajcollege.ac.in has made no mention in regard to the first cut off except for the list of documents required at the time of DU UG Admissions 2018. BA programme cut off is 96.25%. Maths Hons at 97% and Physics at 97.33%. This information is based on what other media agencies are reporting at the moment.
Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University has released the first cut off for DU Admissions 2018 for undergraduate courses on srcc.edu. This year, the cut off for its trademark course B.Com Hons has been fixed at 97.75% for General category. For Economics Hons, the cut off has soared to 98.5%.
Here is the process of admissions students have to follow after the cut off lists are released on du.ac.in.
Students are advised to note that they would require a list of original documents for admission formalities. The list of documents is also provided here. Also, in case a student’s results are awaited, he/she is then required to wait for the results to be declared. For the candidates who have applied for re-valuation, they can fill the forms as per the percentage of marks allotted and the subsequent cut off. In case after revision they are applicable to apply, they can do so by clearly specifying the reason for applying in a lower cut off score.
DU Admissions 2018: Process of Admission in Merit-based Courses after the Declaration of Cut-offs
- The first thing to do is to go through the cut off list. The list would be available on the official website du.ac.in and would also be published in all the dailies. Students can check the requisite cut off requirement against the provided cut off. Exemptions (additional 5% or a 3% cut in case of the change in stream) if applicable would be provided along with the cut off.
- In case students are eligible to apply for a particular college, they are then required to log into the official website using their registration number and select the appropriate Course and College to generate the Admission application form.
- Once the Admission Form is generated, candidates are required to fill and submit the same along with the self-attested photo copies of the original documents. Please note, students must carry the original documents to the college as well for verification.
Documents required for the admission
– Class X Board Examination Certificate and Class X mark sheet (In case of CBSE, mark sheet & certificate are same)
– Class XII mark sheet, Class XII provisional certificate/ original certificate
– Recent character certificate, issued either by the Principal of the school last attended or Class -1 Gazetted Office
– If applicable SC/ST/PWD/CW/KM certificate (In the name of the applicant) issued by the competent authority/ If applicable OBC (non- creamy layer) certificate ( In the name of the applicant) caste must be in the central list issued by http://ncbc.nic.in
– Transfer certificates from school/ college as well as Migration certificate from Board/ University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi. Please note, students who have passed from CBSE board but outside Delhi are also required to furnish the migration certificate
– Two passport size self-attested recent photographs.
- With the list of documents, candidates are required to go to the respective college and complete the formalities. On approval from the Principal, the candidates are then required to pay the fee.
- Remember, the fees or admission fees for Delhi University would be paid online. Once the acceptance is received, students would be able to see a payment portal on the dashboard of their account on the website du.ac.in. Students are then required to pay the fees within the stipulated time to accept the admission offer and block the seat.
Students can also change their college in case they are eligible in the subsequent cut off lists.