Delhi University in its recent notification stated that the PG admission will commence from 25th November 2020. The University will begin both merit-based and entrance admission to various postgraduate courses from Wednesday.
The notification released on 21st November said that the University of Delhi shall commence it’s admission to various M.A and LLB courses from 25th November. The admission to some of the courses is based only through entrance or through both merit and entrance.
Earlier, DU in it’s notification asserted that the University’s Admission Branch is working with the examination branch to resolve the issues of DU students who have been marked absent in their UG results so that meritorious students are not at any disadvantage.
The University further stated the guidelines and steps of procedure for both entrance and merit-based PG admission. Students can follow the below mentioned procedure and code of conduct for PG admission.
DU Entrance Based PG Admission
- The admission list will be prepared based on the result of the entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Irrespective of whether the final year results have been declared or not, the applicants will be admitted provisionally. However, the students whose results have been declared are instructed to upload the same on their dashboard latest by 1:00 pm, Monday 23rd November 2020.
- Applicants who have been graded are required to upload the converted percentage.
- The applicants will have to submit their final year results by the last date is admission as declared by the University.
- In case of a tie in entrance test marks, tiebreakers in the following order of preference will be applied:
- Candidates with a higher percentage in the Qualifying examination as mentioned in the eligibility criteria, will be given preference.
- Candidates with a higher percentage in the final year of bachelor’s degree will be given preference, then the preceding year and so on. Candidates having higher aggregate marks (five subjects including one language) in class XII board exams will be given preference.
DU Merit-Based PG Admission
Merit-based admission is granted only to the applicant who has completed the qualifying exam from the University of Delhi.
The admission list will be prepared based on the marks entered by the applicant on the portal. Students of the University of Delhi under the Choice Based Credit System must calculate the percentage using the formula given on the dashboard.
Option to update the marks of the qualifying exams has been given from 8th November on the portal.