On 28 June 2020, the University Of Delhi Issued a step-by-step guide to using the DU Portal for Open book examinations (OBE).
The link for the OBE Mock Test will be active for students from 4 July 2020 to 8 July 2020.
Following are the steps to Attempt Open Book Examination on the DU portal
1: One-time self-registration
Those appearing for the examinations are required to register on the DU portal for once. Basic details like Name, Enrollment No. (optional), Course, DOB, examination roll no., and registered e-mail or phone no.
On submission of the above details, the students will receive a password on their registered E-mail/Mobile number. Students for the first time will require to insert the password to login to the portal. Students can log in with their Examination roll number and password to locate the mock test paper.
2: On the Date of Final OBE Examination
- Students are required to login to the examination portal with their Examination roll
number and password at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their examination.
- Once the student login to the portal, a clock on the students’ screen will display the time left in for the opening of the question paper.
- Students should read the instructions printed on the question paper for which they are appearing.
- The Question Paper download button will be visible at the beginning of the examination.
The Question paper will be released on the portal at the commencement of a
particular session of examination as per the date-sheet released by DU.
- Students are required to click on the download button to download the question
paper on the Desktop/Laptop/Phone and can also take the printout if required
either at his/her home or at Common Service Centre (CSC) on the day of
- If in any case, a student faces any difficulty in downloading the question paper from the portal, she/or he may request her/his college/department to get the same on her/his designated e-mail or phone number. The college/department shall send the question paper directly to the student’s e-mail address, phone, or WhatsApp.
This option should be exercised only where there is a case of an emergency.
- As and when the student downloads the question paper, the time left for the end of the examination will be displayed on the students’ screen.
3: Time Tracking
- The total duration of the examination shall be of three hours (for all students except
Divyaang) which will include two hours for answering the questions and one
additional hour for IT related activities such as downloading the question paper,
scanning and uploading the answer sheets.
- The total duration of examination for the Divyaang students shall be of five hours
which will include two hours for answering the questions, one hour for IT related
activities (downloading the question paper, scanning and uploading the answer
sheets), extra time of 20 minutes per hour i.e. 1/3 of the prescribed duration of the
OBE and further one hour above all as a special provision.
- The Mock test shall be conducted in three sessions on each day i.e. Morning Session,
Lunch Session and Evening Session.
- Once the question paper is downloaded, the students will be allowed to upload the
answer sheets within the stipulated time i.e. three hours for all students except
Divyaang and five hours for Divyaang students.
4: Answering the Question Paper
- Students will write the answers to the questions on A-4 size white papers in their own handwriting (ruled or plain). The answers are to be written using a black or blue pen only.
- Students will write their Name, Program Name, Semester, Examination Roll Number,
Unique Paper Code, Paper title, Date, and Time of Examination on the first sheet used for answers.
- Students should use separate sheets to answer each question, since answer sheets
are to be uploaded on the Portal question wise so that evaluation can be conducted
5: Uploading Answer Sheets
- The students will scan the written pages of the answers question-wise as one file
and upload question-wise once the examination is completed. For each
question, students can upload a single file (scanned all sheets together for each question) or multiple files (Scanned individual sheets for each question). For this
students will be provided with an upload feature (Multiple uploads) against each
- To upload the answer sheet, the student will log in to the examination portal and select the tab “Upload Answers”. No further changes can be made after the answer sheets are uploaded.
- In case, for any reason, if a student is not able to upload the answer sheets on the
portal, the same can be sent in PDF format at the designated e-mail
address/WhatsApp number of the College/Department during the specified time.
This option is advised to be used only if there is a case of an emergency.
- In case if by mistake, a student uploads a wrong answer sheet she/he can make corrections within the specified duration of the OBE i.e. three hours for students other than the Divyaang and five hours for Divyaang. Once the answer sheets will be submitted and the students have logged out and no change in the uploaded answer sheet/s will be possible.
- The student shall be required to submit a declaration regarding UFM through the
the button provided on the portal before uploading of the scanned images of answer
5: Answer Sheet Submission
Once the students upload all the scanned answer sheets against their respective questions, they should click the button for the UFM declaration and confirmation for submission and log out from the portal. On successful submission of the answer sheets,
the students will be notified via email/SMS.
FOLLOWING IS THE DATESHEET ISSUED FOR THE OBE
The open book examinations are supposed to commence from 4 July 2020 as per the datasheet issued by the Delhi University on their official website.
FOR INSTANT DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
With unfathomable love for language and a perpetual desire to explore new vocab I find my solace in reading and trying my hand at writing.