The big question after checking the cutoff is how one can seek admission into a DU college through the online procedure. The University of Delhi released its first cutoff list yesterday evening, i.e. on 10th October 2020. The cutoff of top DU colleges has gone as high as 100% for admissions. However, after checking the first cutoff list, the applicants are now sure about which colleges they can seek admission to. Hence, now is a crucial time for them as they have to take admission to a particular college.
Criteria for online admission 2020:
By now, all the aspiring applicants would have checked the DU cutoff. The cutoff list is available on the DU portal and is well segregated into courses, colleges, and categories. Hence, an applicant can check for their eligibility by matching their best 4 marks with their desired course and college. However, if a student is not able to get his/her/zir desired college then he can look forward to the 2nd cutoff list, as the cutoffs tend to reduce. However, securing a seat in the first list is very important and one must always do so.
Steps for online admission procedure:
1. Click open the DU portal – du.ac.in
2. Click on to ADMISSION 2020
3. Then, click on UG ADMISSION 2020 – ug.du.ac.in
4. SIGN IN by entering your registered email id and password along with the captcha.
5. The dashboard will then show the applicant’s eligibility for several colleges and courses according to the Best 4 marks secured by the candidate.
6. Amongst the colleges and courses made available to the student on the dashboard, they have to choose one. Students can choose according to their preference and ranking of colleges or the course.
7. The college you select will respond and give an agreement to your selection.
8. A college will send a fee payment link to the applicant once they are done with all the verifications. Therefore, the link can be made available on the dashboard or the registered mail id and phone number.
9. Students are now required to pay the college fee as soon as possible to avoid further complications.
10. The seat will only be secured in the college if the student makes the payment.
11. If the college finds any document missing, it will be notified to the student via mail. Hence, the student will be required to submit the document asked for.
12. Offline verification will be initiated only after the commencement of classes.
For the first time admission is to be taken via an online mode. The pandemic has made all the educational institutions switch to a virtual mode for admission. Hence, it is a complicated process and the students must be aware of how the admission has to be taken. So, they should avoid making mistakes from their side as it may risk their admission. The offline verification will take place once the college opens. Hence, for now these easy steps have to be followed with caution.