The Miranda House Delhi University is known for its best faculty, administration, infrastructure, and more. Moreover, it tops the list of rankings by NIRF for the fifth consecutive year.
It is one of the most prestigious women’s colleges in DU and lies in North Campus. Therefore, studying here will make students more familiar with the understanding of feminism and women empowerment. Most importantly, getting admission to Miranda is something to be proud of. Moreover, it is famous for defining fashion trends and the college is full of fashionistas.
Table of Contents
COURSES IN MIRANDA HOUSE DELHI UNIVERSITY
- Undergraduate courses- Some UG courses are the B.A. program, B.A. Honors, B.Sc., and more. However, B.A. honors English is the most popular course in Miranda. Further, the four-year undergraduate program B.El.Ed. is the most preferred one.
- Post-graduation courses- It offers M.A in English, Hindi, and many other disciplines. Furthermore, M.Sc in Chemistry, Botany, Physics, etc. is also available.
- Foreign Language courses- Miranda House also offers foreign language courses. Includes Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, German, and French.
- Short Duration Certificate courses- The Physics and Computer Science department offers a 2-month duration in several computer application courses.
Note: No commerce courses are available. Miranda House only offers courses in Arts and Sciences. Though, the fee structure is quite higher than any other DU college. You can check the official website mirandahouse.ac.in for more detailed information.
PROMINENT SOCIETIES IN MIRANDA HOUSE
Miranda House is a great example of having the best academics as well as talents. It supports creativity and young passion or skills. Thus, it consists of several amazing societies. Also, it has an army wing in NCC.
Societies in Miranda House are-
- Mridang- Indian Dance Society
- Tanz- Western Dance Society
- Ariels- English Dramatics Society
- Anukriti- Hindi Dramatics Society
- Celluloid- Film Club of Miranda House
- Geetanjali- Indian Music Society
- Orpheus- Western Music Society
- Snapshots- Photography society
- Adwitiya- fine Arts society
Besides, it has Debating Society, Quiz Society, Gandhi Study Circle, TULA, MH Vatavaran, and more.
MIRANDA HOUSE DELHI UNIVERSITY ALUMNI
The list of eminent alumni is quite long and full of inspiration. Few examples are Mallika Sherawat, a well-known actress, Anita Pratap, a TV and Print Journalist; Brinda Karat, a Political Leader. Others are Madhur Jaffrey, an Actress, and Author of cookbooks; Mira Nair, a Film Maker; Minissha Lamba, an Actor.