AJK Mass Communication Research Centre of Jamia Millia Islamia is one of the premier institutions of the country to pursue Mass Communication and Journalism.
Jamia’ AJK MCRC is among the top choice of students graduated from Top Schools including Delhi University, and others, and who wish to pursue their career in this broad field. Anwar Jamal Kidwai Mass Communication Research Centre (AJK MCRC) which was started with just masters in Mass Communication, is now offering Masters in three courses and a few Year-long Diploma courses. The Centre has now offered: Masters in Mass Communication, Masters in Convergent Journalism, Masters in Development Communication, and other PG Diploma courses.
AJK MCRC has a very decent track record with its alumni joining many big production houses, media groups, and others. Many celebrities in the Bollywood and media who attended Jamia’s Mass communication’s center for their masters.
Some of the examples
Shahrukh Khan who has attended Jamia’s M.A. in Mass Communication after completing his bachelor from Delhi University’s Hansraj College.
Barkha Dutt who did M.A. Mass communication from Jamia after completing her bachelor from St. Stephen’s College.
Loveleen Tandon attended Hindu College for her bachelor before joining Jamis’s Mass Communication for masters.
Film director Kabir Khan joined Jamia for Mass Communication after his graduation from Kirori Mal College
Jamia Millia Islamia offers various courses in its Anwar Jamal Kidwai Centre for Mass Communication (AJKMCRC). These all are listed below
Doctoral Programmes M.Phil/Ph.D.(Mass Communication)
- M.A. in Mass Communication
- M.A. in Convergent Journalism (Self-financed)
- M.A. in Development Communication (Self-financed)
- M.A.(Visual Effect and Animation) (Self-financed)
- M.Sc.(Mathematics Education) under Meta University program Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
One year Post Graduate Diploma Programmes
- PG Diploma in Acting (Self-financed)
- PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology (Self-financed)
- PG Diploma in Still Photography & Visual Communication (Self-financed)