Bhim Rao Ambedkar College Delhi University is a co-educational college established in 1991. In the birth centenary year of Bharat Ratna Baba Saheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar, Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar College came into existence. The Delhi government-sponsored college caters to higher education in the Trans-Yamuna area.
The college campus is spread over 9 acres of land and has a computer lab, a library, a seminar hall, a bank, a medical center, and a Northeast cell. The library of the college is stretched over two stories and is one of the prized possessions of the college. There are around 36,000 books in the library. As and when needed, new books are added to the library. Current and previous issues of relevant published journals like Computer Today, Business India, India Today, Economic and Political Weekly, Frontier, National Geographic, Reader’s Digest, and Outlook are maintained by the college.
There are arrangements in the library through which books can be provided to the deserving students who come from the economically weaker sections of the society.
The seminar hall of the college has a seating capacity of 250. Workshops, seminars, and lectures are frequently hosted here in which prominent people from the commerce and industry are invited to speak to the undergraduate students. A conference room has been recently developed to cater to the growing needs of students from professional courses for seminars, group discussions, presentations, seminars, panel discussions, and so on.
A fully computerized branch of the Oriental Bank of Commerce is available in the college. The bank offers banking facilities to the students, teachers, and the non-teaching staff of the college.
Sports like netball, cross country, pistol, and rifle shooting, archery, athletics, softball, and relays are very famous in the college. Currently, there are well-maintained courts of basketball, hockey, badminton, and football. Facilities are also available in the college for ping pong, cricket, handball, volleyball, judo, and chess.
KNOW YOUR COLLEGE- BHIM RAO AMBEDKAR COLLEGE
- Best courses offered by BR Ambedkar College- BA (Hons.) course is the best course offered by this college.
- NIRF ranking of Bhim Rao Ambedkar College- The NIRF ranking for Bhim Rao Ambedkar College Delhi University is not available.
- Fees range- The fees range from Rs 10,000 to Rs 18,00 for each year in the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Fun facts about BR Ambedkar College- You can study in a good college even if you have not scored great marks.
- Placement companies that come to BR Ambedkar College- The placement committee of the college provides guidance to the students. The committee helps the students in preparing a CV and also prepares them for personal interviews and group discussions. The on-campus recruitment drive is arranged by this placement committee.
Many renowned companies like Genpact, Infosys, KPMG, Amazon, Brain, Zebronix Delhi, IBM, Google, Jaro, Education, Deloitte, S&P Global, RBS Bank, Bank of America, Capital IQ, E-value serve, Quest Services, RNCOS, and Money Bag visit the company. These companies offer an average salary package of Rs 3-4 lakhs per annum.
- What campus does the college belong to? The college does not belong to the north or south campus of the Delhi University, it is an off-campus college.
- What is the proper address of the college? Kardam Puri Extension, Wazirabad Road, Yamuna Vihar, Shahdara, New Delhi, Delhi-110094.
- Nearest metro station to the Bhim Rao Ambedkar College- The nearest metro station to Bhim Rao Ambedkar College Delhi University is Kashmere Gate on the yellow line of the Delhi Metro.
- Nearest market to Bhim Rao Ambedkar College- You can find all the things in Shahdara Market.
- Other DU colleges beside Bhim Rao Ambedkar College- The other DU Colleges beside Bhim Rao Ambedkar College Delhi University is Vivekananda College.
- Nearest PG available to the college- You can find good PGs in Yamuna Vihar or Shahdara.
- Famous alumni of Bhim Rao Ambedkar College- The famous alumni of Bhim Rao Ambedkar College Delhi University are Milind Gawali (Indian television actor), Gogu Shyamala (writer), Nitigya Kushwah (Indian Singer), and Harry Kushwah.
CUTOFF LIST OF ARTS COURSES IN BHIM RAO AMBEDKAR COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
|COURSE NAME||CUT-OFF OF 2019 (1ST LIST)|
|BA (Hons.) Applied Psychology||GEN.||OBC||SC||ST||PwD||EWS|
|BA (Hons.) Economics||93.00||86.00||82.00||75.00||65.00||92.75|
|BA (Hons.) Geography||90.00||84.00||81.00||75.00||64.00||89.75|
|BA (Hons.) Hindi||84.00||77.00||72.00||63.00||58.00||83.50|
|BA (Hons.) Hindi Patrikarita||86.00||78.00||73.00||58.00||50.00||85.50|
|BA (Hons.) History||88.00||82.00||79.00||75.00||70.00||87.75|
|BA (Hons.) Social Work||86.50||80.00||77.00||70.00||60.00||86.00|
CUTOFF OF COMMERCE COURSES IN BHIM RAO AMBEDKAR COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
|COURSE NAME||CUT-OFF OF 2019 (1ST LIST)|
|B. Com (Hons.)||94.00||87.00||82.00||73.00||68.00||93.50|
CUTOFF OF SCIENCE COURSES IN BHIM RAO AMBEDKAR COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
Bhim Rao Ambedkar College Delhi University does not offer any science courses.
To check out the cut-off for 2020, click here.
FAMOUS SOCIETIES IN BHIM RAO AMBEDKAR COLLEGE
- Alumni club
- Equal Opportunity Cell
- Red Ribbon Club
- Cultural society
- Arthshala- The Economics Society
- Astitva- The Dramatics society
- Vyavsaye- The commerce society
POST GRADUATION COURSES
Bhim Rao Ambedkar College Delhi University does not offer any postgraduation courses.
Bhim Rao Ambedkar College is a good college for you if you have scored fewer marks. The college offers a variety of courses for you to choose from according to your marks. The placement of the college is also pretty good. At the end of the day, what matters is how good a student you are and how much do you apply yourself in your college days.
Do some internships at reputed organizations and try to involve yourself in as many college activities as you can. Try to build a network in college, since these networks will help you for a long time in your college life.
To read more about other DU colleges, visit here.