IIM Indore has successfully administered the CAT 2020 exam on November 29. Following the completion of the examination, official reports emphasized that about 83.5% of the candidates appeared for the CAT 2020 examination.
CAT 2020 was performed in 159 test cities in three slots (Forenoon, Afternoon, Evening) on November 29. A total of 2,27,835 people applied for the CAT exam this year.
CAT 2020: Primary Changes in the Question Paper
- The structure of the CAT 2020 because of the COVID-19, the paper had some changes. The duration of CAT 2020 has been lessened from three to two hours.
- Each category of the CAT was curtailed from 60 to 40 minutes in each section, with Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Aptitude (QA) – 40 minutes.
- CAT 2020 had a total of 74 questions as distinguished to CAT 2019 which had a total of 100 questions. VARC section had 26 Questions, while DILR and QA section had 24 questions each this year.
- Similar to last year, MCQs had a negative mark of – 1 for every wrong answer, while non-MCQs had no negative score on the CAT exam 2020.
- Questions with adverse marking (MCQs) are 70 to 75%
Previously, the students were not ready enough as IIM Indore had not revealed the no of questions in the exam. However, after the exam, candidates conveyed that they were not much startled by the changed exam pattern and most of them find it easy to understand the questions in different sectors.