HRD

FINAL YEAR EXAMS CANCELED BY VISVA BHARATI UNIVERSITY. STUDENTS WOULD BE PROMOTED ON THE BASIS OF PROJECT WORK AND PREVIOUS SEMESTERS.

Visva Bharati University has decided to cancel the exams of final year students. Students would be promoted on the basis of average marks of best two-semester and project work.

The coronavirus pandemic has led to a major loss in every sector. All the educational institutions are closed since March. For universities and institutions, students were left to appear for their examinations. The cases of coronavirus are increasing at a high rate. And that is why it is neither safe for students to appear for exams nor safe for the administration to conduct classroom exams. As it is important to maintain social distancing, many institutions have promoted students of the first and second year on the basis of their previous semester result and internal assessment of the current semester. Final year students of some universities are left to appear for exams. Classroom exams are not possible and online exams are not suitable for the students. Then what should be the decision of the University?

Latest: FINAL YEAR EXAMS WOULD COMPULSORILY BE CONDUCTED BY END MONTH OF SEPTEMBER- UGC

 

Click To Expand

EXECUTIVE COUNCIL TOOK SOME IMPORTANT DECISIONS

In view of the current situation, Visva Bharati University canceled exams for final year students. They have come up with this decision that they will grant 60 percent of marks as the average marks of two best semester scores. The rest 40 percent would be given under the other two heads. This decision is taken due to the worsening condition of COVID-19. The executive council also took a decision regarding the remaining exams of school. They have decided to rely on 80% on internal assessment and rest 20% on viva.

STUDENTS WOULD BE PROMOTED ON THE BASIS OF 60-40 FORMULA

For exams of final year students of under graduation and post-graduation courses, the executive council has decided that there will be assignments of 20% of full marks. 60% marks would be awarded on the basis of the best score of the top two semesters while the other 40% would be based on home assignments and project work. Home assignments and project work will be sent online by the students to their respective teachers. There are many subjects in which there is no provision of assessment. Marks of those subjects would be evaluated by teachers on the basis of the project work sent by the students.

UGC IS GOING TO ISSUE REVISED GUIDELINES WITHIN TWO DAYS

VISVA BHARATI UNIVERSITY OPTED ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE FOR FINAL YEAR STUDENTS

The Executive Council has maximum powers to regulate the decision of the Central Institution. The Visva Bharati leader said after knowing about this decision that they have been continuously opposing on written exams and always asked of another alternative. He said that he is much relieved after knowing that Viswa Bharati University has opted for another alternative and decided to cancel exams of final year students.

FINAL YEAR STUDENTS OF DELHI UNIVERSITY HAVE TO APPEAR FOR EXAMS

Delhi University has still not decided to cancel exams of final year students. They have rather decide to conduct open book online exams. Students and teachers are not happy with this decision as many students do not have access to good internet connectivity and electronic gadgets. Till now it is clear that students have to appear for open book exams.

FOR INSTANT DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ONĀ INSTAGRAM

A Social Media geek who enjoys writing about youth and their life. Marketer by profession, Digital marketer by passion.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here