Delhi University’s registration for UG, PG, M. Phil, Ph.D. began on June 20. For the academic year 2020, the DU admission process will be taken completely online due to coronavirus pandemic. The online DU admission process has raised a number of questions in students’ minds. To assist students and guide them during the admission process Zakir Husain College professor Dr. GAS Tuteja answered few commonly asked questions by the students.
1) If a student mistakenly uploads a birth certificate instead of class 10th mark sheet, will this be considered wrong?
Dr. Tuteja: Class 10th mark sheet is used as a birth proof only therefore it will not be a problem.
2) The name of the father in the EWS certificate is different from class 10th and 12th mark sheet. Will it be a problem during admission?
Dr. Tuteja: Reservation will be granted only when the name of the candidate and that of his/her father is correctly mentioned. Students are advised to apply for a new EWS certificate and attach the acknowledgment slip with the form.
3) Results of class 12th are not yet declared. Can I still apply for B.ED in Delhi University? If yes, what is the DU admission process for taking admission to B.ED?
Dr. Tuteja: Yes, the students can apply for B.ED. While filling the form students are required to select the option of results awaited and submit all other necessary documents asked.
4) Are students who have done their schooling from the various state board eligible to apply for DU admissions?
Dr. Tuteja: Yes, students from various other boards can apply for admission to Delhi University.
5) Students who have applied for DU admission through sports quota are required to submit which certificates?
Dr. Tuteja: Students applying for admission to Delhi University through sports quota are required to submit their sports certificates for admission. Students are advised to submit the certificates of the highest levels.
6) Students are unable to select a course or college while registering on the DU admission portal. Students seeking admission to Delhi University are facing problems in the selection of course and college as there is no option available on the portal.
Dr. Tuteja: Delhi University has not provided the option for selection of course and college in the registration form. The form filled by the students seeking admission to Delhi University will be applicable for all the courses and colleges.
Delhi University officials and professors are continuously trying to address the problems of the students. Regular webinars and doubt clearing sessions are being conducted by the university. Delhi University is also uploading videos to make students understand the DU admission process.