With over 10,000 admissions taking place in the BA programme in Delhi University this year after the fifth cut-off list, it has become the most sought-after course. Professors at the varsity say, BA programme is no longer the poor cousin of honours degree courses and is not a backup option.
Manmohan Kaur, the principal of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College, said admissions to the course for the general category were closed after the third cut-off list.
Nidhi Bhandari, the convener of BA programme committee at Kamla Nehru College, said students want to keep their options open for MA courses and it allows them greater flexibility.
“They study two main discipline subjects and apart from that, they have skill enhancement courses and generic courses.
Skill enhancement courses help enhance their knowledge of the two main discipline subjects while in generic courses, they get to study subjects other than their main subjects,” Ms Bhandari said.
She added that students can choose a combination of their choices like Maths and Sociology, English and Political Science, etc. thus making them eligible for all the competitive exams.
Another reason for the course being a hit with the students is there is a perception that it is helpful for civil services examination.
“During admission, many students come to us with queries about how BA programme is helpful for the preparation of civil services examination,” said a professor.
~ Preksha Mishra
Are You Looking For PGs? Here is one of the best options:
North Campus Girls PG, An ISO 9001:2015 Certified PG.
A new definition of students Accommodation.
With New Interior and added facilities.
Luxurious Girls PG within budget with all the modern facilities.
1. Ultimate Location- 10 Million Lush Green Area exactly opposite. Four Grounds – Polo Ground, Delhi University Ground, Delhi Police Ground and Delhi Police Sports Grounds are exactly Opposite our PG (High oxygen area to keep you Cool, Calm and sharp mind) – No comparison with any PG or Hostel
– High Security Area – Just opposite Delhi Police Ground, Delhi Police Sports Ground
– On Main Sant Kirpal Singh Marg – Starting from Daulat Ram College to Sant Kirpal Singh Ashram
– Very Posh Colony – No comparison with Jawahar Nagar, Shakti Nagar etc.
2. Luxurious, Very Spacious, Beautiful rooms (every room designed by famous interior designer) – No comparison with any PG or Hostel
3. Four times Pure Veg delicious mouth-watering Meal by our expert Chefs – Cooked in our kitchen
4. Fully Furnished
5. Power Back-up in each room
6. 24 hours water
8. Security :
i) 24 hours Security Guards from famous security agency – Very rarely available
ii) 24 hours experienced Warden
iii) 24 hours CCTV surveillance
9. 24 hours High-Speed Wi-Fi
10. Ultra Modern Hygiene washrooms
11. Extended curfew time 10 o.clock
12. Fully automatic Lift
13. Roof/ terrace facility
14. Daily house keeping
15. AC very beautiful Mess (dinning room)
16. Gyser in each washroom
17. Variety of Rooms
18. Separate Almirah for each resident with Locker and keys
19. Bed with Box
20 Power back up in each room
21. Medicine Box
22. 24 hours emergency medical facility
23. Walking Distance Just half Mile from GTB Nagar Metro Station Gate No. 4
24. Walking Distance from Daulat Ram College, Ramjas College, Shri Ram College and mostly Colleges of Delhi University – Just half Mile – Walking Distance 5-6 Minutes
25. Nearest area from North Campus, Delhi University, Coaching Hub GTB Nagar, Ring Road, Metro Station and a lot more …….
Available from 12,000/- to Rs. 18,000/- with all facilities. (Catch the limited time offer)
Do you know 14 most polluted cities out of 15 in the world are from India and Delhi is one of them.
There’s one Luxurious PG in the 10 million Lush Green area opposite University Ground, Polo Ground, Delhi Police Ground and Delhi Police Sports Ground – Four Grounds together.
Here you can stay without pollution availing all the modern facilities.
Please Visit our PG :
Map Location Link-
Youtube Video Link-
Call Or Whatsapp us at:
Visit us at : www.northcampusgirlspg.com
Check on Facebook– North Campus Girls PG
D-2, Old Gupta Colony, Opposite Prachin Shani Mandir, Polo Road, Delhi- 110009
Book and Experience A New Way Of Living