The central government has introduced the new education policy (NEP 2020) and suggested all educational institutions to implement the same at the earliest so as to bring a much-needed reform in the education system and ensure its complete execution efficiently in the coming years. Hence, for the smooth execution and implementation of the New Education Policy (NEP 2020), the University of Delhi has constituted a separate NEP implementation committee (NIC).
The role and functioning of the NEP implementation committee (NIC) will include suggestive steps and measures to ensure the best ways possible for the NEP 2020 to be implemented at the University of Delhi.
The terms of reference for the NEP implementation committee (NIC) are listed down as the following:
(1) Administrative steps and financial implications while implementation of the NEP will be suggested by the NIC.
(2) The changes which need to be initiated in the already existing syllabus will be suggested by the NIC. It will also include a suggested timeline needed for such changes to be adopted while implementation of the NEP.
(3) For incorporating and formalizing the implied activities, the committee will also be suggesting the most appropriate mechanism, to go about the same.
(4) The changes required due to the adoption of the New Education Policy will also be assessed by the committee. These adopted changes will include a change in the system of examination and students intake as regular, open-learning, and Non-collegiate.
(5) NIC will also suggest a certain way useful in engaging with the stakeholders.
The New education policy was approved by the cabinet on July 29, this comes five years after the first committee was constituted to draft the NEP 2020. This committee was chaired by the scientist, K Kasturi Rangan.
The NEP 2020 outlines some very major changes in both schools as well as the higher education system.
TOP ONLINE FREE COURSES: INDIA’S SOCIETY, MEDIA MOOCs RANK AT THE TOP
Phasing out the system of ‘affiliated colleges’ over a period of 15 years through a system of “graded autonomy” has been introduced in the NEP 2020. There will be no hard distinction between streams which in turn will encourage multi-disciplinary choices. This will also lead to the focus and research-driven universities.
FOR INSTANT DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
Reader, writer, learner !
Easier to locate with a book in a nook or eating at outlets with live music.