Many students decide to pursue B.Com Honors, BBA, B.Sc., B.A. Honors and other courses for their under graduation. But, only some of them decide to pursue B Ed from Delhi University. B Ed is a course that is primarily for the students who wish to go in the teaching line.
Delhi University also provides B Ed as a course for the students. But, the conditions and rules for the same are different from other courses. B Ed stands for Batchelor of Education and it is a two-year program that the Faculty of Education offers. Only four educational institutions of Delhi University offers B Ed with other courses. The institutions are Lady Irwin College, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College for Women, Maharishi Valmiki College of Education, and Central Institute of Education.
Students generally decide to pursue B Ed from Delhi University after their graduation whereas some of them even pursue it after their post-graduation. Under B Ed from Delhi University students have to choose one subject from the subject list that they have studied in their under-graduation or post-graduation.
They must have studied it for at least 200 marks or 12 credits in core and elective courses. Moreover, they must get at least 50 percent marks in that subject. The subjects are language, social science, home science, and many more.
To know more about B Ed from Delhi University, courses, interesting facts, colleges, notable alumni, and many more, click here.
MAIN SUBJECTS THAT ARE COVERED IN B ED
Students who pursue B Ed get specialization in one course from a list. The list includes many language subjects, theory subjects, science, social studies, and others. Students have to choose only one from the list and those subjects have subparts too. The subject that the candidate will choose will be considered as a teaching subject and he/she will gain the knowledge of that subject throughout his/her B Ed course.
After the allocation of institutions and seats, students cannot change their subjects. Moreover, they must have read the subject beforehand in their graduation or post-graduation they will choose to study for at least 200 marks. They must have got at least 50 percent marks in that subject.
The subjects include
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Integrated Science.
- Language: Hindi, English, Sanskrit.
- Social Science: Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, Social Science.
- Other Subjects: Commerce, Psychology, Sociology
- Other Languages: Punjabi, Urdu
- Home Science
BEST COLLEGES OFFERING B ED FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
Lady Irwin College is the best college offering B Ed from Delhi University. This college got Asia’s Best Brand Award in the Best Training Teaching Institute category in 2016 in Bangkok. Lady Irwin College also got the ‘Nina Sibal Award’ in 2015. This college offers a B Ed Course for Home Science. For other B Ed courses, there are three other institutions of Delhi University. The institutions are Lady Irwin College, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College for Women, Maharishi Valmiki College of Education, and Central Institute of Education. These colleges provide good education facilities to the students.
To check out the cut-off for 2020, click here.
FUN FACTS ABOUT THIS COURSE
Students pursuing B Ed looks for the teaching line. This course is exclusively for those students who love teaching. They get to choose one course. So, that completely depends upon the student to choose just a single subject as per their interest. Also, not all colleges at Delhi University offers this course.
PLACEMENT COMPANIES, COLLEGE, AND PROFILE
Students after pursuing B Ed from Delhi University can search for jobs in the teaching line. They can appear for CTET exams and other government jobs as well. However, many companies reach the college to hire students pursuing B Ed.
ADD-ON COURSES THAT YOU CAN DO ALONG WITH B ED FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
- Foreign Language: It will work as a plus point for the students if they learn the language they chose to get specialization in. Moreover, they can choose any other subject and can learn any language along with it. It will benefit students a lot and would help them to get more and more opportunities. Students can pursue a language course along with their graduation also. Delhi University specially provides a language course at a less cost than any other university or institution. So, students do not have to go out as they can find any language course in their college only.
- Computer Course: Students can also pursue any computer course and can be a computer teacher as well. They can learn many software and new applications on the computer. Also, students need to increase their typing speech because some of the government jobs require a good typing speed. So, they should have it.
- Content Writing: B Ed students can also do content writing. It will help to improve their writing skills. Content Writing can never be off the track because it will always provide some benefit or the other. Content Writing will improve their writing skills and they will get to know about many things that will be beneficial for their exam point of view.
FAMOUS ALUMNI OF DELHI UNIVERSITY WHO STUDIED B ED
Some of the alumni of Delhi University who pursued B.Ed. are Anand Prakash, R.S. Devi, Geeta Sahni, M.S. Bawa, Krishna Maitra, R.N. Mehrotra, and Manleen Ahluwalia.
WHICH SOCIETY/EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES IS MORE USEFUL WITH B ED
Students of B Ed generally apply for the teaching line after pursuing this course. So the best use of their education along with experience is to teach. They can teach children and gain experience as a teacher. Moreover, they can apply in any playschool to teach elementary students or can provide home tuitions as well. This will always benefit them and not only those students pursuing B Ed but also others.
TIPS TO EXCEL IN EXAMS OF B ED FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
Focus more on the teaching subject because that will affect your career opportunities as well. Else, make proper notes of everything. Try to manage time and set a question paper according to the time limit. Attempt all the latest previous year’s question paper during revision time. For the English exam, try to solve the English quiz online. Be inquisitive to know about the latest general details and sharp your general knowledge as much as you can.
This course can be the best choice for students who want to pursue a career in teaching and become a teacher.