B Com Honors from Delhi University is an undergraduate program generally opted by the students of commerce background. This course helps students to get specialization in the field of commerce and accounting.
The course is of 3 years and impacts education not only in accounting but also in auditing, taxation, human resources, and other related fields.
Students learn about different aspects of commerce in this course. Not only based on subjects, but students also get specialization in managerial skills as well.
In the first two years, students learn about some subjects and get a chance to chance to gain a specialization in one of them in the last year. If students want to pursue B Com Honors from Delhi University, they must opt for Maths as one of the subjects in class 12th. However, the minimum marks to opt for this course is just 50 percent.
To know details about B Com Honors from Delhi University course, placement, subjects, etc., click here. You will get to know everything.
Table of Contents
- 1 MAIN SUBJECTS THAT ARE COVERED IN B COM HONORS
- 2 BEST COLLEGES OFFERING B COM HONORS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
- 3 FUN FACTS ABOUT THIS COURSE
- 4 PLACEMENT COMPANIES, COLLEGE, AND PROFILE
- 5 ADD-ON COURSES THAT YOU CAN DO ALONG WITH B COM HONORS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
- 6 FAMOUS ALUMNI OF DELHI UNIVERSITY WHO STUDIED B COM HONORS
- 7 WHICH SOCIETY/EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY IS MORE USEFUL WITH B COM HONORS
- 8 TIPS TO EXCEL IN EXAMS OF B COM HONORS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
- 9 CONCLUSION
MAIN SUBJECTS THAT ARE COVERED IN B COM HONORS
Although students learn many subjects during their first two years but gain specialization in the final year. So the main subjects that are covered in this course are Accounting, Management, Economics, Law, Auditing and Taxation, and business statistics.
The subjects students can opt for specialization in their final year are Accounts and Finance, Economics, Investment Management, Banking and Insurance, Financial Market, Taxation, Human Resource, and Law. Students can choose any subject from them and then look for a related field for further studies. Also, many students choose to work incorporates with this specialization.
BEST COLLEGES OFFERING B COM HONORS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
Many colleges of Delhi University offer B Com Honors as a course and the cut-off for the same is generally high. Still, they provide the best faculty for B Com Honors.
So, the best colleges that offer B Com Honors are Shri Ram College of Commerce, Lady Shri Ram College, Hindu College, Hansraj College, Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, and Sri Venkateswara College.
To check the cut-off for 2020, click here.
FUN FACTS ABOUT THIS COURSE
B Com Honors students consider themselves as a reputed one. Although they have to do a lot of internships to gain experience in the corporate world. But, they are the ones who get the experience of everything going on in the corporate sector in their college days. They get an experience of in-office work much before other students get. Calculators as their best friends.
Students of B Com Honors from Delhi University are so quick with numbers in their minds and calculators that they can do many complex calculations within seconds. Isn’t it amazing to get the experience of working in one of the best multinational companies with the help of internships? So, this golden opportunity is for the students of B Com Honors.
PLACEMENT COMPANIES, COLLEGE, AND PROFILE
A major group of companies comes for the commerce sector in Delhi University colleges. By pursuing B Com Honors from Delhi University as an undergraduate course, students can get a place in one of the best corporates in the world. The top four companies of the world i.e., EY, KPMG, PwC, and Deloitte hire the students of B Com Honors from Delhi University for their companies. Other companies that come to hire students of B Com Honors Delhi University are American Express, Amazon, HDFC, DE Shaw, and many more.
Top MNCs come in the top colleges of Delhi University to hire students with even 12 LPA. However, they hire students with an average package of 6 LPA. Students get a position in the companies as an Audit Associate, Business Development Associate, Accountant, and many more.
ADD-ON COURSES THAT YOU CAN DO ALONG WITH B COM HONORS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
Many students do short term courses along with B.Com. Honors. They also go for CA, CMA, and CS side by side. But, these courses are not short term courses and are run on a longer path. There are many short-term courses that students prefer to do. They generally do these courses to grasp new skills and also to increase the value of their CV or resume. So, some of the short term courses are:
- Digital Marketing: Everything is now switching to digitalization. Whether it is related to sales or promotion, people are switching over to the IT sector more. So, to know more about the digital world and know some of the key factors related to it, students do Digital Marketing Course. Many students prefer online sales and purchase of items and some of them think of starting an online business. To gather more practical experience and learn all the skills and tactics, students prefer to do Digital Marketing.
- Financial Modelling: It includes making future presumptions and the basic principles of building data. Students get to brush up their skills and increase their abilities to judge for future events. B Com Honors students who are interested to pursue investment banking prefer this course. Financial Modelling includes creating abstract representations based on real-world financial situations. There are many more fields than students can explore with financial modeling. The fields are Project Finance, Financial Analysis, and Credit Ratings.
- Certification in Stock Marketing: B Com Honors students are the most interested in Stock Markets. So, this course can be more exciting for them. Learning about stocks and investing in them effectively is a wish for many students. So, the stock market helps them to know about the practical world of stocks and shares. However, they should about it in general. If students are interested in Stock Market they can get a certification on that. This may help them in their CV and can be beneficial for them during placement time. Students further pursue investment banking, risk analysis, and CFA after learning and understanding stock markets.
- Diploma in Foreign Languages: It is the only thing that can never be out of trend. Foreign languages are always a plus point in your resume or CV. Delhi University colleges offer diploma in foreign languages. Every language benefits the students in the corporate sector. So, certification in any one of them can be a good choice. However, the demand for Chinese and Japanese is most. So, if students want to learn any of these languages, it will benefit them the most. Moreover, after learning a language with proper certifications and levels, one can choose to be a translator as well.
FAMOUS ALUMNI OF DELHI UNIVERSITY WHO STUDIED B COM HONORS
Delhi University is filled with commerce students and young talents. So, many students excelled in this field and is now a part of top MNCs. Some of them are Rohinton Fali Nariman. He studied B Com Honors from Shri Ram College of Commerce and is now the Judge at the Supreme Court of India.
Arun Jaitley pursued B Com Honors from Shri Ram College of Commerce and is the former Defence and Finance Minister of Inda. Bingu wa Mutharika was the President of Malawi.
WHICH SOCIETY/EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY IS MORE USEFUL WITH B COM HONORS
Placement Cell is the topmost priority of B Com Honors from Delhi University. So, this can be the perfect society for them. As B Com Honors students are more involved in practical learning and experience, they need to be a part of the Cell. Placement Cell forms a link between the students and the corporates and tries to provide as many opportunities for them to gain some practical knowledge.
So, if b com honors students would participate in the cell, it will help them to know about the companies in depth. Secondly, students of B Com Honors from Delhi University always try to maintain and increase the value of their CV. So, to add some more values to the CV, they need to do internships and gain experience. Moreover, add-on courses can be a plus.
TIPS TO EXCEL IN EXAMS OF B COM HONORS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
First of all, calculators are a must for subjects like accounts. Students should try to maintain their calculating speed. Always try to clear the concepts first before starting any questions. For subjects like Management, students should focus on the keywords or lines.
After writing the heading, they should always explain the content in detail. Try to write answers in points. For subjects like economics, students should focus on statistical data.
After knowing about B Com Honors from Delhi University and its related key points in detail, it is clear that choosing this course as an undergraduate program can never be a mistake.
Students from the commerce sector get a lot more opportunities than mentioned above. They can choose a path of their choice and explore as much field as they can. After all, three years is not a short time to know and evaluate our inner skills.
FOR MORE DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM