The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is going to launch Quick Response (QR) codes on its network to make ticketing contactless. The Metro has asked for Expression of Interest (EOI) from private firms to upgrade its existing Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system to enable QR code, bank account, and RuPay based open-loop ticketing on its network, DMRC said.
Presently, the QR code-based ticketing system is only accessible on the Airport line.
The method for using the QR Code by the Delhi Metro commuters is given below
1) Download the Ridlr application from Google Play Store or App Store
2) Register into the App with your name and other details including mobile no. and email- id.
3) Now, begin to buy a QR ticket by choosing the origin station and destination station.
4) Select no. of passengers (Maximum 6 in one go).
5)App will exhibit the fare for the assigned journey.
6) Pay the fare using internet banking/credit/debit card. The user will obtain a notification.
7) App will show the QR code for the journey.
8) Users can tap the QR-enabled AFC entry gates of the Metro stations on the Airport Line. The AFC gate will open and the user can begin the journey.
9) During the exit, passengers need to tap the QR Code at the exit gate. The gates will open and the passengers will be able to exit from the metro station.
10) All six Metro stations of Airport Express Line have been provided with a set of two AFC gates each for entry and exit through QR enabled.
Metro now schemes to formulate the QR code system available on its nine corridors, spread over 314 kilometers, and 245 stations by 2022. DMRC officials said that this is being done following the National Common Mobility Card standard model specified by the Union housing and urban affairs ministry.
Currently, metro users have to use DMRC’s travel card while traveling.