SANTOOR WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIP: Wipro Consumer Care and Wipro Care run a scholarship program named Santoor Women’s Scholarship to benefit young girls in pursuing higher education.
The scholarship aims at 900 female school students who have passed the intermediate examination and aim/wish to pursue higher education. The stream of higher education can be in the following streams: be it in science, humanities, or liberal arts. It also prioritizes the student’s inclination towards professional courses. The scholarship aims at underprivileged and disadvantaged girls who belong to any of the following states: Telangana, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh.
The scholarship was started in the year 2016-17 and till now almost around 3600 students have benefitted from this Santoor Women’s Scholarship until now.
The Santoor Women’s Scholarship is a recurring program and those female students who are selected, are supported for the duration of their higher education. The support covers mainly the tuition fee of the candidate as well as incidental expenses.
Students from backward districts are given preference.
About Wipro Consumer Care and Wipro Cares
Incorporated on 29 December 1945 by Mohamed Premji as “Western India Palm Refined Oil Limited” in Amalner, Maharashtra, WIPRO Limited is an Indian multinational corporation. It provides information technology, consulting, and business process services. With its headquarters based in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Wipro separated its non-IT businesses.
Wipro Consumer Care, a subsidiary of Wipro has a firm presence in both India as well as abroad in the market of skincare and personal care products. Through the philanthropic foundation of Wipro, Wipro Cares, Wipro has an intention to create a long-lasting impact on our society. For this, Wipro takes initiatives in the field of a community environment, education, and sustainability.
Wipro believes in a social vision of democracy where each citizen sees the ethic of equity, the ethos of justice, the essentiality of diversity, s thus driven by social sensitivity and also capable in an individual sense.
As per research, the unequal status of women is one of the global issues faced by society today. Leading to better outcomes in terms of empowerment of women and gender equality, education goes a long way in correcting this disparity. However, due to a lack of education, many girls and young women are at a disadvantage.
The few who succeed to get an education are often stalled lack of financial resources and they have to end their dreams of pursuing higher education.
Keeping a view of all these hardships, Wipro has initiated offering Santoor Women’s scholarship for economically disadvantaged women who wish to pursue higher education. It is about helping the daughters achiever their dreams and support their empowerment
APPLICATION PROCEDURE OF SANTOOR WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIP
The process of application of the santoor women’s scholarship is easy to comprehend, follow, and quite simple as well. All the interested students can submit their applications online.
All the applicants/ candidates are advised to follow the below-mentioned application process step by step:
- Candidates need to register using any of the following: Gmail id, or email id, or Facebook Id.
- Candidates will then have to complete a five-step process mentioned in the Santoor Scholarship program.
- Applicants will be required to type-in an essay of about 600 words on a topic mentioned there.
- Once all the steps mentioned above are completed, the candidates can then apply.
REWARDS ASSOCIATED TO THE SANTOOR WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIP
The candidates who will be successful in scoring the scholarship will be awarded an annual scholarship grant till the completion of their course.
Mentioned below are the complete details associated with the amount of the scholarship:
- Around 900 female students, each year are awarded this scholarship.
- Each selected candidate is awarded a grant of INR 24,000 per annum until she finishes her course of study.
- Candidates who are selected for the scholarship are further permitted to use the grant amount to cover their tuition fee. They can also utilize the money in other education-related facilities.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR SANTOOR WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIP
The first and foremost notable point is that this scholarship aims at female students. And further, the Santoor Scholarship aims at those female students who belong to the state of Telangana, Karnataka, or Andhra Pradesh.
Following is the complete detail about the eligibility criteria for the Santoor scholarship:
- It is for the Girl student who wishes to pursue higher education. It can be in the field of Sciences, liberal arts, or Humanities as well.
- Only those applicants can apply for this scholarship who belong to underprivileged or disadvantaged family backgrounds.
- Applicant must be belonging to any of the following mentioned states: Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka.
- The candidate should have completed and passed class 10 (Highschool) from a government school.
- The candidate should have passed the Intermediate grade (class 12) from any government school or Junior college.
- The applicant must have enrolled in a three years full-time diploma or graduate program.
- All such applicants belonging to the backward districts will be given an edge/ preference.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SANTOOR WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIPS
Mentioned below are some terms and conditions associated with the santoor women’s scholarship. All the candidates aspiring to score the scholarship are advised to strictly adhere to the below-mentioned terms and conditions while applying for the same.
- The applicants must meet the pre-requisite conditions for the scholarship. Failing to do so, the application will be rejected immediately. Hence, students must cross-check and re-confirm that they meet all the eligibility criteria.
- All the rights are reserved with Wipro Cares, i.e. all the rights to withdraw or discontinue, modify, reject or give the scholarship lie solely with the organization. No other body holds the authority or eligibility to grant/ offer this scholarship to any student.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS FOR THE SANTOOR WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must go through the list of required documents before applying for the scholarship. Also, candidates are advised to keep the documents mentioned below handy while they are applying for the scholarship.
- One passport size photograph – recent
- Applicant’s passbook photocopy (other than Gramin bank)
- Photocopy of candidate’s Aadhar card
- Photocopy of candidate’s class 10 certificate
- Photocopy of candidate’s class 12 certificate
CONTACT DETAILS FOR SANTOOR WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIP
For clarifying any query/ confusion regarding the santoor women’s scholarship scheme, Applicants are advised to send their concerns via mail at the address below mentioned;
- Email at: email@example.com
Candidates are advised to drop an email with any of their queries on the above-mentioned e-mail address.
RESULT DECLARATION PROCEDURE
Once all the candidates have applied, all the applications are vetted and all those applicants who are selected are then further interviewed and then the final list of those candidates who have won the scholarship is announced.
WHAT ARE SOME OTHER SIMILAR SCHOLARSHIPS YOU CAN KEEP AN EYE ON?
(1)SITARAM JINDAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
A charitable organization in Bengaluru, Sitaram Jindal Foundation started a merit-cum-means based scholarship scheme. Sitaram Jindal set up many educational institutions and is now contributing to infrastructural development in rural areas. Now, the foundation is providing scholarships to students who belong to underprivileged families. The scholarship scheme is known as the Sitaram Jindal scholarship scheme. With an aim to provide financial assistance to deserving meritorious candidates, Sitaram Jindal Foundation provides scholarship to 12000 students with the following objectives:
- Enabling poor students in continuing their studies.
- Encouraging meritorious students
Read below the following detailed information about the Sitaram Jindal Scholarship:
The scholarship has been segregated into different categories in accordance with the courses pursued by the students. The internship is valued at 2500 per month which students receive at different qualification levels.
|3.||Category ‘C’||For graduate courses:
For postgraduate courses:
Some additional eligibility conditions that candidates should pay heed to are mentioned below:
- for differently-abled applicants, the eligibility percentage marks are pass marks in all the categories.
- for the continuation of Jindal scholarship, the minimum required percentage marks is relaxed by 5%.
Applicants will have to apply through the official website of Sitaram Jindal foundation for the scholarship.
- Copy of the last examination
- SSLC/HSC scorecard
- income certificate
- merit certificate (applicable for Medical, Engineering, Diploma and MBA students)
- for hostellers, certificate from the hostel
- If applicable, certificate of physical disability from the competent authority
- PPO, Relationship dependency certificate, and Ex-servicemen widow I-card (for widows and ex-servicemen)
Aaple Sarkar DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) also known as MAHADBT is an online scholarship portal of the Government of Maharashtra. This online scholarship portal of Government of Maharashtra hosts around hosts around 38 post-matric scholarships offered by different departments under the state government. Ensuring effective implementation and disbursement of scholarships within the state is the key objectice of the portal.select
Apart from the smooth disbursement of scholarships directly into the account of the beneficiaries it also promotes transparency in the applications submitted and documents uploaded by students.
To get directed to the MahaDBT portal, students should search “mahadbtmahait”.
31st March 2021, is the last date of application for the academic year 20-21
Following are the MahaDBT Scholarship Portal Details
|1.||Number of scholarships offered by Social Justice and Special Assistance Department||5|
|2.||Number of scholarships offered by the Department of Tribal Development||4|
|3.||Number of scholarships offered by the Directorate of Higher Education||13|
|4.||Number of scholarships offered by the Directorate of Technical Education||2|
|5.||Number of scholarships offered by VJNT, OBC & SBC Welfare Department||8|
|6.||Number of scholarships offered by the School Education and Sports Department||2|
|7.||Number of scholarships offered by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research||2|
|8||Number of scholarships offered by the Minority Development Department||2|
Students should possess a domicile of Maharshtra in order to get scholarships under MAHADBT.
- visit the home page of the Aaple Sarkar DBT Portal.
- Click on whichever scholarship you wish to apply for – “Post Matric Scholarship”
- then Do new applicant registration to regsiter yourself.
- strike in the asked information and register
- email id and mobile number are to be verified by the candidate to complete the registration
- once registered, login using the registered email and password
- provide the asked personal information like aadhar like and proceed
- authenticate the aadhar card number
- you will witness the dashboard with the available scholarships
- select the scholarship suitable to your case
- click on apply to start a new application
- provide necessary information and complete the profile
- once profile is completed, you can see all the scholarships
- select the one you want to apply for
- fill necessary information and attach the documents
- submit the application
- CAP allotment letter (Applicable for scholarships offered by the Department of Higher Education and Department of Technical Education)
- Hostel certificate (if applicable)
- Fee receipt
- College bonafide certificate (showcasing that the candidate belongs to a particular educational institution)
- Caste validity certificate
- Income certificate (Provided by Tehsildar)
- HSC and SSC certificates
- Aadhar Card or Aadhaar Enrollment Slip
- Domicile certificate
List of Key Oasis Scholarships
|S.No.||Scholarship name||Provider||Application deadline*|
|1.||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal||26th February 2021|
|2.||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal||26th February 2021|
|3.||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal||26th February 2021|
|4.||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal||26th February 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for Oasis Scholarships
Pre-matric scholarship for SC students
Pre-matric scholarship for ST students
Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students
Post-matric scholarship for OBC students
Detailed rewards of Oasis scholarships
|S.No.||Scholarship name||Reward for Day Scholars||Reward for Hostellers|
|1.||Pre-matric scholarship for SC students||INR 150 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 750 per annum||INR 750 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 1,000 per annum.|
|2.||Pre-matric scholarship for ST students||INR 150 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 750 per annum||INR 750 per month for 10 months + Adhoc grant of INR 1,000 per annum.|
|3.||Post-matric scholarship for SC/ST students||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 550 per month||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1200 per month|
|For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students||INR 550 per month||INR 1,200 per month|
|For B.Pharm/ LLB/ B.Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses etc.||INR 530 per month||INR 820 per month|
|For general courses up to graduate level||INR 300 per month||INR 750 per month|
|For students of class 11th and 12th in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ Polytechnic/ ITI courses||INR 230 per month||INR 750 per month|
|4.||Post-matric scholarship for OBC students||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 350 per month||Maintenance allowance of up to INR 750 per month|
|For medical/ engineering/ BSc (Agri)/ MPhil/ PhD/ LLM students||INR 350 per month||INR 750 per month|
|For B.Pharm/ LLB/ B.Nursing/ PG/ Hotel Management courses etc.||INR 335 per month||INR 510 per month|
|For general courses up to graduate level||INR 210 per month||INR 400 per month|
|For students of class 11th and 12th in 10+2 system intermediate courses/ Polytechnic/ ITI courses||INR 160 per month||INR 260 per month|
STEP 1: REGISTER FOR THE OASIS SCHOLARSHIP
STEP 2: LOGIN AND APPLICATION COMPLETION
STEP 3: VARIFYING AND LOCKING OASIS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
STEP 4: TAKING A PRINT OF THE APPLICATION
STEP 5: SUBMITING THE PRINTED FORM
- A recent stamp size photograph
- Attested copy of caste certificate (acknowledgment slip)
- Mark sheets and certificates of the last examination passed (attested copies)
For clarifying any query/ confusion regarding the oasis scholarship scheme, Applicants are advised to send their concerns via mail.
Or you can directly contact the Oasis helpline number – +91-8420023311.
(4)WEST BENGAL AIKYASHREE SCHOLARSHIP
Under West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation, is the Aikyashree scholarship which intends to support deserving students in Bengal, both at school and college level. It is operated and managed by the Government of West Bengal and the subsidiary boards. Financial assistance to worthy, impoverished exemplary of the state is provided to help them continue their higher studies.
For WB minority students, it is an end-to-end scholarship portal. For various WB Government scholarship schemes, Students from Class 1 to PhD level can apply through the WBMDFC Aikyashree Scholarship Portal.
An online scholarship programme, Aikyashree, is Fully funded by the West Bengal State Government. It awards the students belonging from financially poor backgrounds and minority communities. The entire educational expenses of the deserving students are supported by the the Aikyashree scholarship. Hostel stay fees and free of cost school and college education is included in the monetary help for the meritorius deserving students.
|Name of the Scholarship Programme||Aikyashree Scholarship (ঐক্যশ্রী স্কলারশিপ)|
|Launched by||West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (WBMDFC)|
|Ministry Name||Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department Govt. Of West Bengal|
|Launched in||West Bengal State|
|Launched for||Students belonging to Minority Community (Buddhist, Sikh, Jain, Muslim, Parsi & Christian)|
|Name of the Department||Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education Department|
|Scholarship Type||State Government scheme|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Official Website||www.wbmdfcscholarship.in www.wbmdfc.org|
|Eligible Courses||Class 1 to PhD Course|
|Application Start Date||1st August 2020|
|Application Closing Date||15th November 2020|
|Helpline Number||1800-120-21306290875550 (Technical Helpdesk)|
|Helpline Email IDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION PROCESS, IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
For ELIGIBILITY, APPLICATION PROCESS, IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION, candidates are advised to visit the official portal at email@example.com to check these details for various different scholarships.
FOLLOWING IS THE LIST OF STATE SCHOLARSHIPS PORTAL
Scholarships for Uttar Pradesh
Scholarships for Maharashtra
Post Matric Scholarships disbursements through ePass
Jnanabhumi online portal of Government of Andhra Pradesh
scholarship portal of Jharkhand
Government of Madhya Pradesh, MP scholarships
Karnataka education board, ePASS Karnataka
TS epass scholarship is offrering by Telangana Govt
Scholarship Portal Government of Punjab
E-Grantz portal, Government of Kerala
Minorities under Government of Karnataka, GOKDOM
Oasis scholarship portal, West Bengal scholarships
Chhattisgarh Scholarship Portal
SJE Rajasthan Scholarship Portal, Government of Rajasthan
Digital Gujarat scholarship, Government of Gujarat.
HP ePass scholarship portal, Himachal Pradesh
West Bengal Scholarship Schemes, West Bengal
Government of Bihar Post-Matric scholarship SC/ST/BC/EBC
Scholarship for BC, MBC and Minorities, Govt of TamilNadu