On the occasion of World Water Day, the registration process for the third edition of Ganga Quest—an online national quiz competition on Ganga—begins today, March 22. The quiz will be held by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) from April 7 to May 8, 2021. The first day of the Ganga Quest 2021 coincides with World Health Day, although the last day also happens to be World Migratory Bird Day.
The final live round of Ganga Search will take place on June 5, World Environment Day, and the winners will be declared on June 20, Ganga Dussehra. Candidates involved in participating must register on the official website, gangaquest.com.
According to the official CBSE announcement, the winners will be given awards, and the schools with the highest attendance will be honored.
The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), in collaboration with Tree Craze Foundation, is planning to organize the third edition of Ganga Quest with the aim of increasing public involvement and increasing children and youth ownership of rivers and Ganga.
Ganga Quest 2021: Ground Rules
• Candidates must be 10 years old or older to join.
• Candidates must use a valid ID, such as an Aadhar card, passport, birth certificate, or school ID, to log on to the website.
• Students should provide accurate information about their classes. If the schools’ information is found to be false, they can be excluded.
• Schools may still use mass enrollment.
• Candidates must have access to a computer and internet connection with a minimum speed of 512 Kbps since the quiz will be held online.