Dogecoin has once more gained popularity on Wednesday after it soared to $0.122 or 12 cents with Twitter and other social media users praising over the spurt. At present, Dogecoin is one of the top trends on Google search engines. As per the report issued on Tuesday by a stock market news website, the Dogecoin price soared to over 1900% since the advent of 2021. The reports further showed that Bitcoin however came back to over 117.47% during the same period.
Originally, Dogecoin arrived into global significance after various celebrities including Elon Musk – Tesla’s chief executive officer, rock band Kiss’ bassist Gene Simmons, and rapper Snoop Dogg took to their Twitter handle to talk about it. Elon Musk on 1st February conveyed his support for Dogecoin during an interview and asserted it is good stuff. However, he later retracted his comments made on cryptocurrency and called it a joke.
Table of Contents
Here is everything you need to know about cryptocurrency & Dogecoin price:
- Dogecoin was formulated by two software engineers Jackson Palmer and Billy Markus for fun and instant cryptocurrency was created in December 2013. Palmer was back then employed in Adobe Inc while Markus worked for the International Business Machine (IBM).
- Dogecoin’s mascot is a Shiba Inu that came from the famous internet meme Doge.
- Within one month of its release on 6th December 2013, Dogecoin’s website I.e. Dogecoin.com got around a million visitors.
- On 8th February 2021, Dogecoin reached a peak of over 8.2 US cents and attained a market capitalization of over $10.5 billion, and was further ranked in the top 10 cryptocurrencies in terms of its market value. As of February 2021, Dogecoin comprised a market value of over $9.5 billion.
- After the surge of 8th February, Kiss’s Simmons pointed out how much people could have earned if they had purchased Dogecoin earlier.