The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR), the statutory watchdog of the Government of Delhi on the matters of child rights, had been constituted for Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005.
Some of the child rights the Commission works are:
1. protection of children from exploitation, abuse, labor, trafficking, and
2. Protection of children from sexual offenses;
3. Protection of children from child marriage;
4. Right to Education;
5. Right to Health including the provision of medical assistance and health care to
all children with emphasis on the development of primary health care,
pregnancy care, infant care, availability and accessibility of adequate
nutritious foods, clean drinking water, immunization, protection against
6. Protection of rights of children with special needs;
7. Protection of children from substance abuse;
8. The Enforcement of legal protections for children in case they commit offenses
and the necessary safeguards associated therein;
9. Right to play;
Interns will have to report to and work closely with the officials of the commissions. Those officers who are posted in the commission i.e. members of the commission are of the principal Secretary, Government of Delhi equivalent post.
INTERNS PROFILE OFFERED
Internship is mainly categorized into three fields:-
Grievance and Policy Analysis
(1) Interns will need to work on the grievance resolution parts and ensure children get the needed relief.
(2) With the experience of working on a range of grievances, depending on the Commission’s priorities and their interests and skills, the interns may choose one systematic issue and work with the appropriate authority for evolving a solution to be implemented.
(3)This internship is meant for those and interesting for the ones who wish to see the outcome of their actions, and for those seeking a career in public policy analysis.
(1) An evaluation was conducted by DCPCR in nearly 5,500 schools in the past 12 months on issues like safety, learning adn inclusion standards. State Government, Municipal and private schools were a part of this exercise. Thus, the commission posses very rich data in reference to schools’ performance opening the way for the policies that are more informed and sharper.
(2) This Internship is an exciting opportunity for the ones interested in big data, evidence-driven policy, and data analytics.
(1) Dozens of workshops, seminars, capacity building sessions are organized by the Commission. It also takes up cases of importance. However, Job of documentation is still undone. The website does not reflect the work done and is also outdated. commission has very little or no social media presence adn also the quarterly newsletter has been published only once in the past 4 years. Commission seeks improvement here.
(2) Seeking candidates with strong documentation skills, interested in organization building, and good in communication as it is an important element of governance.
Note: Excellent written communication skills in English and knowledge of
social media platforms are a must for this internship.
For those applying for this internship, the applicants are expected to submit at least one writing sample as part of the selection process.
(1) Commitment to public service
(2) Good communication skills ( Both Hindi, English inclusive)
(3) Work ethics and High Integrity
(4) Basic humility to work in teams and setting
(5) Basic levels of proficiency in English (writing, reading)
(6) Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
(1) Either academic background or work experience in law, policymaking, social work, education, counseling.
(2) Work experience of working in Public cause as a part of volunteering or employment.
(1) Stipend: 3000/-
(2) Certificate and letter of recommendation
NOTE: Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for the internship. There is no deadline for the application, it is on a rolling basis. Internship recruitment shall close once the right fit candidates are found.
How to apply for the internship
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE
OFFICIAL NOTICE CLICK HERE
FAQs click here