Table of Contents
- 1 DUSU president Rocky Tuseed alleged that ever since the union was elected, the vice chancellor hasn’t given any appointments or hearing.
- 2 Rocky Tuseed was elected as a president of DUSU, last year in September. He is a member of NSUI.
- 3 Tuseed reported the statement in media after he was allegedly restricted from entering the 96th Foundation Day celebrations of the University, which was taken place at Viceregal Lodge, the University of Delhi on 1st, May 2018.
- 4 ‘This is an absolute height of authoritarianism and anarchy. I as a student went there to be a part of the foundation day celebration. Later, it was planned to meet the Vice Chancellor of Delhi University, Mr Yogesh K Tyagi, for discussing the important issues concerning students, but the guards and the Police pulled me out of the gate and stopped me for entering into the premises. They didn’t even cite any reason for it.’ – said Rocky Tuseed
- 5 He further added- ‘ We as a student Union didn’t receive any invitation for any of the event of Delhi University, also we have never given any appointment with the Vice Chancellor, although we tried for it many times.’
- 6 The students’ Union president claimed he mailed Vice Chancellor for the appointment, last year in December and showed the e-mails also.
- 7 The University’s Union officials have not given any statements on this incident, till now.
- 8 The Foundation Day programme was attended by former Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi, CBI Director Alok Kumar Verma, Additional Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister Pramod Kumar Mishra.