Ramjas College Delhi University is one of the oldest colleges of Delhi University. The college was founded in Daryaganj of Old Delhi by Rai Kedar Nath, a great philanthropist, and educationist, in 1917. Ramjas College is one of the first three colleges that have been established under the Delhi University and comes under one of the best colleges of the country.
Along with the Hindu College and the St. Stephen’s College, Ramjas College is the founding college of the Delhi University. The college was initially affiliated to the University of Punjab in Lahore. The college has been named after Lala Ramjas, the father of Rai Kedar Nath.
Upon the formation of the University of Delhi in 1922, the college was upgraded to degree level college and brought under the university. The present building of the college was inaugurated by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of independent India. The daughters of the former President have also studied from Ramjas College.
Ramjas College is the only college to have had Dr. B.R. Ambedkar as the Chairman of the Governing Body of the college. A memorable speech was also made by the famous Martin Luther King Jr., on his visit to the college.
The first-ever Conference of Graduate Students of economics from the SAARC countries was organized by the College in January 2004. The Centennial legacy was celebrated by the College form 2016 and completed its 100 years celebration in 2017. To commemorate the Centenary Year of Ramjas College Delhi University, a postage stamp was issued by India Post in 2017.
For more such information, you can visit the college website here.
KNOW YOUR COLLEGE- RAMJAS COLLEGE
- Best courses offered by Ramjas College- The best courses offered by Ramjas College are BA (Hons.) Economics, BA (Hons.) Mathematics, BA (Hons.) English, and BA (Hons.) History.
- NIRF Ranking of Ramjas College- The College does not participate in the NIRF ranking of colleges.
- Fees Range- The fees of the college for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses ranges from Rs 12,000 to Rs 18,000 per annum.
- Fun facts about Ramjas College- The famous “Sutta Lane” of Delhi University is in this college. The college is known as the rainforest of Delhi University because of its trees and greenery. The college is known as the hotbed for politics at Delhi University. Therefore, the Delhi University election can be a pretty fun time for you if you want to get involved in politics. Otherwise also the elections can be very fun. The Kamla Nagar market and the Hudson Lane are within walking distance which means that you can enjoy good food whenever you want.
The Majnu ka Tila is also nearby so you can always go there to enjoy the rich Tibetan culture and food.
- Placement companies that come to Ramjas College- The placement cell of the Ramjas College, Pinnacle, is very active. There are many students who get placed every year in different parts of India from Ramjas College. The highest salary offered to a student is between 8 to 9 lakhs per annum. The average salary ranges between 5 to 6 lakhs per annum.
Companies like Panasonic, Zomato, ZS Associates, L&T Financial services Ltd., Deloitte, NIIT, Decathlon, Toppr, Byju’s, Dell, Ernst & Young, Evalueserve, Genpact, ZS, Google, Wipro, Barclays Capital, KPMG, Protivit, Oberois, NDTV, PWC, Grofers, and Max Life Insurance come to the college for placements.
- What campus does the college belong to? The college belongs to the North Campus of Delhi University.
- What is the proper address of the college? University Enclave, Ramjas College, Delhi, 110007.
- Nearest metro station to Ramjas College- The nearest metro station to Ramjas College is the Vishwavidyalaya Station on the Yellow line.
- Nearest Market to Ramjas College- The Kamla Nagar market is the nearest market to Ramjas College Delhi University.
- Other DU Colleges beside Ramjas College- The St. Stephen’s College, Hindu College, Delhi School of Economics, Daulat Ram College, Hansraj College, Kirori Mal College are the nearest colleges to Ramjas College Delhi University.
- Nearest PG available- You can find good PGs in Vijay Nagar and Kamla Nagar.
- Famous alumni of Ramjas College- Manoj Bajpai, Prakash Jha, Yogesh Kumar Sabharwal, Papon, Shekhar Suman, Vikas Bahl, Rahul Roy, Pravesh Rana, Somnath Bharti, Raj Kumar Gupta, Nivedita Tiwari, and Sarup Singh have passed out from Ramjas College.
CUTOFF OF ARTS COURSES IN RAMJAS COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
|COURSE NAME||CUTOFF OF 2019 (1st LIST)|
|BA (Hons.) Economics||GEN.||OBC||SC||ST||PwD||EWS|
|BA (Hons.) English||97.00||94.00||91.00||89.00||90.00||96.50|
|BA (Hons.) Hindi||90.00||86.00||85.00||83.00||85.00||89.50|
|BA (Hons.) History||97.25||95.25||93.50||93.50||94.25||96.75|
|BA (Hons.) Political Science||97.00||94.00||92.00||92.00||92.00||96.50|
|BA (Hons.) Sanskrit||75.00||73.00||68.00||66.00||69.00||74.50|
CUTOFF OF COMMERCE COURSES IN RAMJAS COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
|COURSE NAME||CUTOFF OF 2019 (1ST LIST)|
|B. Com (Hons.)||98.00||97.00||96.00||95.00||95.00||97.50|
CUTOFF OF SCIENCE COURSES IN RAMJAS COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
|COURSE NAME||CUTOFF OF 2019 (1ST LIST)|
|B. Sc (Hons.) Statistics||GEN.||OBC||SC||ST||PwD||EWS|
|B. Sc (Hons.) Botany||95.00||94.00||92.00||90.00||90.00||94.66|
|B. Sc (Hons.) Chemistry||96.00||95.00||91.00||82.00||76.00||95.66|
|B. Sc (Hons.) Mathematics||97.00||95.00||93.50||88.00||88.00||96.50|
|B. Sc (Hons.) Physics||95.33||94.00||90.33||86.00||86.00||95.00|
|B. Sc (Hons.) Zoology||95.33||94.00||90.33||86.00||86.00||95.00|
|B. Sc (Prog.) Life Science||94.00||91.00||89.00||84.00||84.00||93.66|
|B. Sc (Prog.) Physical Science with Chemistry||95.00||94.00||91.00||88.00||86.00||94.66|
|B. Sc (Prog.) Physical Science with Electronics||93.00||91.00||89.00||86.00||84.00||92.66|
To check the cut-off list of 2018, click here.
FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF RAMJAS COLLEGE
- Shunya- The Dramatics Society
- DebSoc- The Debating Society
- Backbeat- The Music Society
- InStep- The Dance Society
- Wordcraft- The Literary Society
- Melange- The Fine Arts Society
- Pinnacle- The Placement Cell
- Focus- The Photography Society
- Enactus- Ramjas Chapter
- Qnights- The Quiz Society
- Panache- The Fashion Society
POSTGRADUATION COURSES AT RAMJAS COLLEGE
Ramjas College Delhi University offers many postgraduation courses to its students. Masters are offered in all the three streams. The students can pursue Masters in English, Bengali, Hindi, Sanskrit, Philosophy, History, Economics, Music, Political Science, Operational research, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology, Statistics, Mathematics, and M.Com.
Students can take admission in these courses through the Delhi University entrance test (DUET) exams. They can register themselves on the postgraduation portal of Delhi University.
Ramjas College is one of the most famous colleges in Delhi University. If you get an opportunity to study in this college, do not miss it. The college has the most amazing faculty members. When the College says that it has the most-friendly faculty in the university, it is not just bragging. It is the truth.
The college has a huge campus which is inclusive of sports grounds, a huge auditorium, an old building as well as a news building. The library of the college is fully air-conditioned and has a lot of books. Every department of the college also has its own department library. The English department’s library is fully digital.
The societies of the college are very active. The students get good exposure while organizing fests and participating in different competitions. The exposure which the students receive in these cases is helpful to them for the rest of their lives. Manoj Bajpayee and Prakash Jha have passed out from this college.
Ramjas College Delhi University provides the balance of studies and extra-curricular activities that are needed by the students to excel in life. The students get overall grooming. The college is also not very strict with attendance; therefore, you can participate in as many competitions as you want. You will surely love your time here at Ramjas.
To read details about other DU colleges, visit here.