Atal Bihari Vajpayee proposed his wish to establish a state-of-the-art National Ayurveda Hospital. It was declared in the Vaidya Ram Narayan Sharma Memorial Award Distribution which took place on 5 May 2000, under the guidance of All India Ayurveda Congress. Then the idea of establishing the All India Institute of Ayurveda Delhi University took birth.
The proposal was to establish this institute in New Delhi. When the Finance Ministry gave its approval in 2003, the founding stone was led in 2007. The recommendations by the government were to build an institute that abides by quality standards of Ayurveda medicines and which focuses on R&D and safety precautions plus evaluation. Increasing the popularity of Ayurveda not only in India but in the countries too is the main goal.
This apex institute is located in Gautam Puri, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi. The institute was inaugurated, Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The area designated to it is 10.015 acres, built on a budget of 157 crores.
Under the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH), this institute this the first under the AYUSH Ministry to get this title. It’s gifted with various laboratories like pathology, radiology, and microbiology. The institute has gained huge popularity and recognition in such a short span.
From the academic session, 2016-17 post-graduate courses (MD/MS) were started, and from session 2017-18, Ph.D. courses were introduced.
Since 2009, the institute has been providing out-patient services. When the Government of India established the Ministry of AYUSH in 2014, All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) Delhi was formulated as an autonomous institute under this ministry. It’s a public institute which came into operation on 10th October 2015. It’s affiliated under the University of Delhi. It aims to ensure proper training in all fields of Ayurveda and to impart excellent health care to all. It promotes research in all the matters of Ayurveda to take this field to a new level.
It’s special because it the only central government institute in the capital city which imparts the knowledge of Ayurveda. It provides a glimpse to the common public, diplomats, delegates, and other curious minds of the Ayurveda therapies, scientific research, and education. They can also get first-hand experience in these areas. All India Institute of Ayurveda Delhi University aims to bridge the divide between traditional Ayurveda and modern medical tools or techniques. This institute thus can be a boon in improving the medical tourism of our country. Every year many foreigners visit India to find solutions to their problems in this Ayurvedic institute.
The institute works on drug development, quality control, standardization techniques while taking into consideration the safety of the consumers. It offers postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple fields.
The hospital specializes in multiple clinical facilities like it has a neurological and degenerative disease care unit, diabetes and allergic disorders care unit, rheumatology and musculoskeletal care unit, Yoga, Kripa Kalpa, Panchakarma clinic, infertility clinic, and also diabetic retinopathy clinic.
To check the official website of college, click here.
KNOW YOUR COLLEGE- ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF AYURVEDA
• Best courses offered by the All India Institute of Ayurveda – Ayurved Vachaspati (MD/MS-Ayurved), Panchakarma Technician course, Hospital Administration Diploma.
• NIRF ranking of the All India Institute of Ayurveda – It’s not included in the NIRF ranking.
• Fees Range – Average course fee of All India Institute of Ayurveda ranges from 20,000 to 10 lacs (in rupees).
• Fun fact about All India Institute of Ayurveda– The All India Institute of Ayurveda Delhi University is equipped with 25 Speciality Departments and also 12 clinics. The PG, Ph.D. programs have access to 8 research laboratories. Secondly, the Institute aims to collaborate with international centers to promote Ayurveda’s research.
The institute joins hands with IIT Delhi for a joint research project.
• Placement companies that come to All India Institute of Ayurveda Delhi University – Data not available
• What campus does the college belong to? – It’s an urban campus. Its name is neither in the south nor north campus of Delhi University.
• What is the proper address of the college? – All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), Mathura Road, Gautam Puri, Sarita Vihar, Delhi – 110076
• The nearest metro station to All India Institute of Ayurveda – Tughlakabad metro station is situated at a distance of 1 km (Violet line), Others are Sarita Vihar metro station – 2 km, Badarpur metro station – 2 km, Jasola metro station – 2 km, Kalindi Kunj metro station – 3 km. The last one is the magenta line while all others are violet lines.
• Nearest market to All India Institute of Ayurveda Delhi University-Main market (Badarpur), Bankey Lal Market (Badarpur), Nehru Market (Badarpur), Gem Plaza (Badarpur), Sharma Market (Pulpehladpur), etc.
• Other DU colleges beside All India Institute of Ayurveda – Other medical colleges in Delhi University are Lady Harding Medical College (LHMC) which only for women candidates, Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS), and Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS), etc.
• Nearest PG’s available to All India Institute of Ayurveda – Boys & Girls PG in Govindpuri Extension, 3 Bedroom Boys PG in Sriniwas Puri, 1 Bedroom Boys PG in Safdarjung Enclave, 4 Bedroom Boys PG in Sarita Vihar, 3 Bedroom Girls PG in Arjun Nagar, etc.
• Famous alumni of All India Institute of Ayurveda – Some scholars are Dr. Aosemba Jamir, Dr. Ajay Meher, Dr. Alok, etc.
CUTOFFS OF COURSES IN AIIA DELHI UNIVERSITY
The Admission to this college is on the entrance based and hence no cut-offs are released by the institute.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE OF ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF AYURVEDA DELHI UNIVERSITY
The institute has entrusted the responsibility of conducting the exams on the National Testing Agency (NTA) which is a self-regulated testing agency. All India Institute of Medical Sciences conducts AIAPGET (All India AYUSH Post Graduate Entrance Test), with the help of NTA. It includes State quota seats and All India seats for admission in courses like Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy system for all AYUSH colleges in our country.
The criteria of admission are on the merit basis of the result of the Entrance examination. The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test shall be 50 marks out of 100 which means 50 % for the General category, 45 marks out of 100 which is 45 % for OBC, and 40 % i.e. 40 marks for the SC/ST category.
After clearing the entrance examination, the next step is to undergo a medical examination. The candidates are told to conduct the tests on their own costs. If a candidate is found medically unfit for the course, the admission is terminated.
FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF AYURVEDA DELHI UNIVERSITY
The All India Institute of Ayurveda Delhi University is not a host to any college society like theatre, dance, etc.
This autonomous institution is made under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. It’s the first state-of-the-art institute and aims to flourish the subject of Ayurveda. The institute has a 200-bed referral hospital for research and to undergo clinical procedures. The state of the art modern diagnostic techniques is used to teach and operate in this premier institute. It aims to have 25 Specialty Departments and 12 clinics with 8 inter-disciplinary research laboratories when the infrastructure work is fully completed.
The vision of the institute is to provide Ayurveda Tertiary Health Care and be an Outstanding Center of Excellence. It wants the standards of Education, Research, and Patient care as high as possible. It aims to make the best use of Ayurveda for the betterment of humanity.
To read about details of other DU colleges click here