Many universities and educational institutions are reopened in a staggered manner. The concerned authority reopened the colleges adhering to the guidelines issued by the University Grants Commission.
The UGC allowed only those students to come to the college who reside in a non-containment zone. Everybody has to strictly follow social distancing guidelines while coming to the institution.
Table of Contents
- 1 DU TELLS HC THE DATE FOR THE REMAINING OBE RESULTS TO BE DECLARED
- 1.1 EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS WILL NOT REOPEN IN DELHI TILL FURTHER NOTICE
- 1.2 ADMINISTRATION DECISION IN DU, JNU AND JAMIA
- 1.3 EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN WEST BENGAL AND KERALA
- 1.4 TAMILNADU WILL NOT REOPEN COLLEGES NOW
- 1.5 DELHI SCHOOLS UNLIKELY TO OPEN UNTIL WE GET VACCINE, SAYS MANISH SISODIA
- 1.6 LIST OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS THAT ARE OPEN
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS WILL NOT REOPEN IN DELHI TILL FURTHER NOTICE
Talking about Delhi, an official from the Education Department of Delhi said that the administration has not decided anything yet regarding the reopening of educational institutions in the national capital. The administration will reopen colleges and educational institutions that fall under state government-run later only.
ADMINISTRATION DECISION IN DU, JNU AND JAMIA
The UGC said that those universities that are centrally funded can decide to reopen colleges according to their feasibility.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University reopened the campus for a final year Ph.D. Research scholars from 2nd November.
- The registrar of Delhi University said that the varsity has not decided yet to reopen colleges. Delhi University shall remain closed till the end of December. On the other hand, after reviewing the current and future situation, the varsity may open colleges for postgraduate final year students in January and for Undergraduate final year students in February.
- Jamia Milia Islamia, JMI University has not yet discussed anything related to the reopening of the college. Ahmed Azeem is the spokesperson of JMI University. He said that the varsity will declare the results of the entrance exams. But, it has not taken any decision relating to the reopening of colleges.
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS IN WEST BENGAL AND KERALA
Moreover, colleges in West Bengal will not reopen till further notice. Earlier, Kerala decided to reopen educational institutions for postgraduate students in January. Now, the state started deliberations to bring back the post-graduation students. The state will bring back the students of the teaching department that are less than 30 in number.
TAMILNADU WILL NOT REOPEN COLLEGES NOW
The Government in Tamil Nadu decided to reopen educational institutions from November 16. Afterward, it canceled this decision. When they reviewed the feedback of parents regarding the decision of physical classes, the government canceled this idea.
LIST OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS THAT ARE OPEN
Telangana has not yet decided when they will reopen the institutions. Bihar decided to close the educational institutions till December. They will review the future conditions and schedule a meeting on 15th December. Till now, the state government reopened colleges in Haryana, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, and Punjab.