After the announcement of lockdown extension by the prime minister Narendra Modi on 14 April, the Ministry of home affairs has released guidelines.
The lockdown which is now extended till 3rd May will have more strict measures in the first week and from 20th April restrictions will be constricted in non-hotspot zones.
With the extension of the lockdown period, the following activities shall be prohibited.
- Public Transportation facilities – air, water or land.
- Educational institutions like school, college, coaching centers
- Inter-state or inter-district movement, except medical emergency.
- Cinema hall, shopping complex, gyms, auditoriums, bars, waterpark, and similar places.
- All social/political/cultural gathering
- All religious places and gatherings are strictly prohibited.
- In the case of a funeral, more than 20 people ‘s congregation is strictly prohibited.
Government has allowed some additional activities which will come at force from 20th April, only for non infected places.
“The government declares additional activities as permitted in these guidelines shall be implemented in a phased manner, after making all arrangements necessary for strict implementation of the guidelines.”
Some of the activities are listed below –
All health services
Hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, telemedicine facilities. Dispensaries, chemists, pharmacies, all kinds of medicine shops including Jan Aushadhi Kendras and medical equipment shops.
Medical laboratories and collection centers. Pharmaceutical and medical research labs, institutions carrying out COVID-19 related research. Veterinary Hospitals, dispensaries, clinics, pathology labs, sale and supply of vaccine and medicine.
Authorized private establishments, which support the provisioning of essential services, or efforts for containment of COVID-19, including home care providers, diagnostics, supply chain firms serving hospitals. Manufacturing units of drugs, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, medical oxygen, their packaging material, raw material, and intermediates. Construction of medical/ health infrastructure including the manufacture of ambulances. Movement (inter and Intra State, including by air) of all medical and veterinary personnel, scientists, nurses, para-medical staff, lab technicians, midwives, and other hospital support services, including ambulances.
Agricultural and related activities
All agricultural and horticultural activities to remain fully functional, such as:
Farming operations by farmers and farm workers in the field.
Agencies engaged in the procurement of agriculture products, including MSP operations.
Mandis operated by the Agriculture Produce Market Committee (APMC) or as notified by the State/ UT Government (e.g., satellite mandis).
Fishery and animal husbandry
Collection, processing, distribution and sale of milk and milk products by milk processing plants, including transport and supply chain.
Operation of animal husbandry farms including poultry farms & hatcheries and livestock farming activity.
Animal feed manufacturing and feed plants, including the supply of raw material, such as maize and soya.
Operation of animal shelter homes, including Gaushalas.
- MANREGA will be opened
- Public utility services : list of functions are –
Operations on oil and gas sector such as LPG, CNG, diesel, petrol.
Utilities regarding internet and telecommunications
- Online teaching should be encouraged.
- Supply of essential goods facilities in the supply chain of essential goods, whether involved in manufacturing, wholesale or retail of such goods through local stores, large brick and mortar stores or e-commerce companies should be allowed to operate, ensuring strict social distancing without any restriction on their timing of opening and closure.
- ii. Shops (including Kirana and single shops selling essential goods) and carts, including ration shops (under PDS), dealing with food and groceries (for daily use), hygiene items, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, poultry, meat and fish, animal feed and fodder, etc., should be allowed to operate, ensuring strict social distancing without any restriction on their timing of opening d closure.
The advantages, however, will be given after the government declares that particular area as ‘devoid of contamination.’
A Social Media geek who enjoys writing about youth and their life. Marketer by profession, Digital marketer by passion.