Table of Contents
- 1 ‘COMPLETE FREEDOM’ ‘NOT BOUND BY DU RULES’
- 1.1 The three prestigious colleges of DU are planning to seek the status of “Deemed University”.
- 1.2 Though this proposal is in nascent stage but if it gets granted , the status will free them from all the boundaries of DU rules. The college will become independent ;
- 1.3 Example: Delhi College of Engineering (DCE) became Delhi Technological University (DTU).
- 1.4 “The Union Human Resource Development Ministry has also formulated some norms for providing more autonomy to colleges but deemed status will give them complete freedom of functioning on their own.” – Officials of DU said. He also said “If this happens, the colleges will not be bound to follow DU rules and there will be no need to seek sanctions from the university for any decision,”
- 1.5 However it is expected that the Students Union may oppose this move because this may let colleges to hike their fees because they would have the freedom to decide their fees like Private Institutions.