Today large industries integrate more complex technologies and as a result the number of jobs for computer science majors increases. There are several fields with a high demand for computer science graduates that include healthcare, manufacturing, business, and the government. And this demand has no signs of slowing down. Below is a list of the top 2022 computer science careers and skills and 10 programs to match.
As the sudden shift to remote work continues to be the way it was two years ago, the need for cybersecurity professionals has increased rapidly. It is vital to secure digital infrastructures, online banking, and e-commerce. With a rising need and limited people, cybersecurity is something one can look towards. Today, companies rely on the expertise of cybersecurity professionals to identify threats and protect networks.
The right course for this is the Essentials of Cybersecurity Professional Certificate from UWashingtonX which will introduce you to the field of cybersecurity. Apart from that, you can also go for Cybersecurity Fundamentals by RIT, Master’s degree in Cybersecurity by Georgia Tech, and more. You can also check out some courses on platforms like Udemy, Upgrad, and more. Several platforms provides deals and coupons that can make your purchase budget-friendly.
- Information Technology Career
There is no doubt in the fact that IT jobs are ranked as some of the most valued positions in the technology sector. Therefore, there will always be a need for IT professionals. Everything around us is dependent on IT professionals and thus, the demand is always high. Listed below are a few courses that one needs to kick start his career.
- Microbachelors program certificate in introduction to Information and Technology from WGUx.
- NYUx Introduction to Databases Microbachelors program
- IUx’s Information Systems MicroMasters program.
- Cloud Computing Skills
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Introduction to Cloud Infrastructure Technologies
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing for Enterprises
- Build a Strong Foundation in Computer Science
While computer science professionals have the option to focus on any one subject area, the generalist approach has also some value. The most demanded in-field courses include data science, web development, and artificial intelligence. Computer courses give you the choice of breadth vs. depth. You can go broad and seek to be more of a generalist and below are some courses that you can go for.
- Harvardx Computer Science for Web Programming Professional Certificate Program.
- Computer Science Fundamentals MicroBachelors Program from NYUx.
- Top Programming Skills
Python is the fastest-growing major programming language worldwide. If you learn python, it gives you access to a wide, general-purpose language that can be used in a variety of industries. And not only python but there are also several other programming languages that one can go for. And some courses have been listed below-
- GTx Introduction to Python Programming Professional Certificate program.
- IsrealX Programming for everyone.
- UBCx How to Code Simple Data
- NYU Introduction to C++.
- Georgia Tech Computing in Python IV Objects and Algorithms.
So, the above courses are the top 2022 computer science careers and skills that one can pursue and give his career a kick start. These courses can help one to develop problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills. Since we are in a digital age, all of these courses are a must to cope up with the changes that are happening around the world. To make the world a better place these variety of specializations are necessary for all.