PUBG
Image Source: Business Standard

South Korea’s PUBG corporation has said that it will no longer authorize Tencent Games to distribute the game in India. This decision has come by following the Indian government’s ban on 118 Chinese apps in the previous week which was inclusive of the PUBG game.

In a post on Tuesday, the company said that moving forward, PUBG corporation will take on all the responsibilities within the country. The Corporation has also said that it will be working hand-in-hand with the Government of India to find a solution in order to allow gamers to drop once again into the battlegrounds. The corporation wants to make this possible while being fully compliant with the rules and regulations of India. This has come amid heightened tension between China and India.

However, the announcement of the canceling of Tencent’s franchise by PUBG corporation has led to questions among industry investors, executives, and analysts. The question is that will this prove to be enough to address the data-related concern of the government on Chinese apps in India. Tencent’s share prices have gone down by 7% at the Hong Kong stock exchange as of Tuesday since the ban last week. It had fallen by 2% with share prices at around $69 last Thursday.

Click To Expand

Co-founder and Investor in n-Core games, Vishal Gondal, said that the author of the book cannot be changed by changing the name of the publisher. Proper diligence should be done by the Indian government on these structures. They are focused on Indian storytelling at n-Core, therefore, their concept of FAU-G is very different from PUBG. FAU-G is a game, developed by n-Core, inspired by the Indian army.

FAU-G GAME LAUNCHING IN INDIA AFTER THE BAN OF PUBG

Founding partner at Indian Quotient, Anand Lunia, said that it was not enough. The ownership details were not being asked for by the government. Rather the government is asking the reason behind the leak. The allegation is not being made on the distributor, but the app. Therefore, it is required that the Korean company should answer the exact issues that have been raised.

9 BEST TIKTOK ALTERNATIVES AND TIKTOK LIKE APPS

He also added that it is highly unlikely that the banned apps will be allowed to come back to without satisfactory answers to all the questions posed by the government.

Associate Project Manager at GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, said that Tencent does not have any alternative but to give up the rights for PUBG mobile to Bluehole which is a non-Chinese company and hence, will be in an advantageous position.

AFTER CHINESE APP BANNED, IITS PROMISE TO BUILD A TIK TOK TYPE APP

FOR MORE SUCH UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

 

du updates jyotisha

A content writer whose passion is writing and a typical geek that you come across. She is an avid reader and loves literature to its very core.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here