New Delhi, The ruling Aam Aadmi Party government in Delhi suggested to the central government that only government employees and employees involved in essential services holding e-pass should be allowed to travel in the metro from next week. At the same time, only 20 passengers should be allowed to travel on buses also.
Explain that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had sought suggestions from the states to resume economic, transport, and other activities during lockdown-4 from May 18.
The Chief Minister also suggested that government employees should be allowed to use metro services from 7.30 to 10.30 in the morning and from 5.30 to 8.30 in the evening. Also, e-passers should be allowed to travel between 10.30 am and 5.30 pm.
As per the suggestion sent, the permission for the employees of Delhi and Central and State Public Sector Undertakings, Local Bodies, Government Autonomous Bodies, etc. of the Government of Delhi, based on their identity card issued by the competent authority
The Delhi government will review its implementation after a week and expand its scope accordingly. The Delhi government has suggested the resumption of public transport service. In which only 20 people have been asked to travel on the bus and only one ride in auto-rickshaws, e-rickshaws, cycle-rickshaws. Two marshals will be deployed on a bus. The entry and exit gates will follow the social distance.
These recommendations were sent to the center
All, coaching institutes should be closed.
• There were restrictions on the cinema hall, gym, entertainment park, auditorium assembly hall.
• Sports, academy, religious activities were prohibited from gathering crowds.
• Religious places should be closed to the people.
• Barbershop, Spa center remains closed.
• Movement of people was stopped from 9 am to 5:00 am due to non-urgent work.
• All restaurants, sweets shops, bakeries should be allowed to open. But do not be allowed to sit and eat there.
• All parks, playgrounds, sports complexes should be allowed to open with conditions.
• Permission to take a ride on auto-rickshaws, e-rickshaws, cycle rickshaws.
• Apart from the taxi, cab driver, seating 2 passengers in the back seat and carpooling, car-sharing should not be allowed.
“The government has suggested that the opening of markets, complexes, and malls should be allowed in Delhi. However, shops engaged in non-essential items in shopping complexes and malls should be allowed to operate on an odd-even basis,” a source said.
In the next two-three days, the government will come out with a standard operating procedure to allow economic activities from Monday in the national capital. The nationwide lockdown was imposed from March 25 to April 14.