Table of Contents
- 1 Computer Science is one of the prestigious courses in Delhi University. The numbers of students that opt B.Sc. Computer science always remain high. With the development of software sector and IT companies in India, jobs opportunities for computer graduates has considerably increased.IT plays a dominant role in every other industry from logistics to education to manufacturing .In fact, IT companies are the major employers of graduates. So graduates from this field always remain in demand. They offer salary packages between INR 8k to 25k per month to fresher pass out.
- 2 Some of the careers that are available for students in field of computer and IT are call centers, computer aided design, network engineer, software engineer , web designer and web developer. B.Sc computer science graduates always face tough competition from B.tech students. Most of the companies prefer B.tech graduates over B.sc graduates. To get a job and salary equivalent to B.tech graduate , student should look for further studies i.e.post-graduation courses to enhance their skills. A degree in MSc/MCA provides jobs in variety of environments such as research, industry, government and private firms and business organizations. Generally, salary depends on skills and job position yet a MCA pass out from reputed college/university after 1-2 years of experience may expect annual pay package of around 10 lakh.
- 3 Another post-graduation course that can be considered is MBA. If you have less interest in technical jobs and have good management skills. MBA is the road to walk on. Most IT companies have jobs for MBA degree holders.
- 4 One more prestigious career option available to computer science graduates and post graduates is in academics i.e. teaching profession. Graduates after a degree of B.Ed. or post graduates after clearing NET exams can teach at school and university level respectively.Apart from this, a lucrative career can be achieved in field of civil services. You can appear for UPSC exams like IAS, IPS,IES, CDS, and IFS etc.
- 5 The technology keeps on evolving every other day. Moreover, continuous need of innovation has raised the demand of computer science graduates. The scope of Computer science altogether depends on candidate’s interests and skills. If you have analytical skill, like to write codes and solve problem with tech solutions and can think out of the box then you can surely touch sky but opting course without interest won’t take you ahead anywhere in this field .
- 6 – Anushikha Chaudhary