BSC (Hons) Mathematics from Delhi University is an undergraduate course. B.Sc. Math Honours course contributes in-depth knowledge about geometry, trigonometry, calculus, and several other theories in Mathematics. Maths is the branch of space, change, structure, and quantity.
This course accumulates a comprehension of purposeful abilities and analytical skills and competencies in Maths. The program contracts with the comprehension of fundamental applications of mathematical strategies that are pertained to general concepts outside the expanse of theoretical mathematics.
Moreover, The course is three years of duration. After completing the course graduates have a lot of career options in different spheres. If you have an examining, analytical, and problem-solving mind then this course is favorable for you.
BSC (Hons) Mathematics from Delhi University brings specialization in the subject and gives significance to the basic subject knowledge for the higher studies in the specific subject. Also, this course is a better choice for other opportunities like Research, lectureship, and more.
MAIN SUBJECTS THAT ARE COVERED IN BSC (HONS) MATHEMATICS
The syllabus of BSC (Hons) Mathematics from Delhi University is such that it covers a lot of interesting subjects. Moreover, this is a three-year course. The main subjects that are covered in this course are – Calculus, Geometry, Mechanics, Differential Equations, Algebra, Vector Analysis, Numerical Methods, Probability Theory, Linear programming, and Optimization, etc.
BEST COLLEGES OFFERING BSc (HONS) MATHEMATICS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY :
BSc (Hons) Mathematics is one of the popular courses of Delhi University. Doing BSc (Hons) Mathematics from Delhi University is a dream of every student. However, some of the best Delhi University colleges offering this course are:
1. St. Stephen College
2. Hindu College
3. Lady Shri Ram College for women
4. Kirori Mal College
5. Ramjas College
6. Miranda House
7. Hans Raj College
8. Sri Venkateshwara College
9. Dyal Singh college
10. Shri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College
Many of these colleges have the best Mathematics department in the entire Delhi University (DU).
To check the cut-off for 2020, click here.
FUN FACT ABOUT BSC (HONS) MATHEMATICS COURSE
BSC (Hons) Mathematics is a course full of exciting opportunities. Solving a Maths problem is fun. That satisfaction on your face will be at the next level when you will get the value of ‘X’. However, in BSc (HONS) Mathematics you may learn the proof of various theorems that you are using from your junior classes. Maths will be fun for you! There is a lot of career options and job opportunities after completing BSC (Hons) Mathematics from Delhi University.
PLACEMENT COMPANIES, COLLEGE, AND PROFILES:
• After graduating in Mathematics higher studies in Maths, students can go for a master’s degree in Mathematics. They can go for M.Sc and further P.hd in the same subject, to enlist teaching/ training or lectureship programs, and in fields of Research and development.
• If a graduate student is interested in working just after graduation then they can do a job. This course has possibilities for them, both in the public and private sectors.
• Students can also opt for MBA/MS. Pursuing a BSC (honors) in Mathematics will not close the opportunities in the Corporate and Research world. There will always be an alternative for doing MBA/MS for a Mathematics graduate.
• Candidates can so try their hands in competitive exams like UPSC, IBPS, SSC, etc. These exams will always be on the list for the graduate of B.Sc (honors) in Mathematics. They can appear for these exams, in the final year of graduation or after graduation.
They can also search for a career in:
1. IT Industry
2. Accountancy & Management
3. Actuarial Sciences
4. Investment Banking after B.Sc. in Maths
5. As Operations Research Analyst
6. Teaching after B.Sc. (Hons.) Maths
ADD ON COURSES THAT YOU CAN DO WITH BSC (HONS) MATHEMATICS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
DU offers many short term courses to the students. These short-term courses encourage candidates to strengthen their CV and to get better job opportunities. You can pursue these short term courses along with your graduate courses. However, some of the courses that you can do along with your Mathematics Honors are:
• Learning Foreign Language:- This short-term course is very popular among students. Moreover, students can learn various foreign languages at Delhi University such as French, Spanish, German, or any other language that facilitates them to have an awareness of them. Most DU colleges offer several short-term courses for one year.
• Business and Finance:- Students can do a short-term course in business and finance. By achieving a short-term course in business and finance, they can increase the potential pool of jobs to which they can apply by taking some departments in business or finance.
• Programming and IT:- They might be already possessing basic IT Skills like using spreadsheets, online research, using databases, and word processing. But professionally enhancing these skills can be very helpful in all sorts of jobs. They can try to learn HTML, basic coding courses, etc. to enhance your CV.
• Statistics and Data Analysis:- Doing Statistics and Data analysis will enable you to get a good knowledge of statistics which will assist you in getting a good awareness of things. This grants you a degree as well as beyond. You can sharpen your data analysis skills by using software like SPSS, MATLAB, R, or Stata. This will come in helpful while doing data analysis for your ventures
• Content writing:- They can try their hands in content writing. Content writing will increase their potential and soon they will be able to learn to write some good quality stuff.
FAMOUS ALUMNI OF DELHI UNIVERSITY WHO STUDIED MATHEMATICS HONORS
WHICH SOCIETY/EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY IS MORE USEFUL WITH BSC (HONS) MATHEMATICS
If you are pursuing BSC (Hons) Mathematics then you can choose various societies such as Quiz Society, Enactus, Debating Society, NSS, and many other cells such as E-cells, placement cells, etc. Moreover, students can easily balance both societies and studies. For this, they need to manage your time for both fun and knowledge. Various Delhi University colleges offer different and engaging societies. Students can select what fits well for them and their interests.
TIPS TO EXCEL IN EXAMS OF THIS COURSE AND A ROADMAP TO STUDY DURING COLLEGES DAY
College life is fun but if you are pursuing BSC (Hons) Mathematics from Delhi University then must have a balance between fun and studies to ensure a brighter future. You can easily manage to secure a good CGPA, just you have to work on time management. The practice is a must in Maths and practice demand time. Learning Maths is fun all you need is an interest in this course. Moreover, Delhi University Libraries have an ample amount of good books for Maths. Just follow your interest to get a fruitful result.
BSC (Hons) Mathematics is one of the popular courses of Delhi University. There are several career options after this course as it offers numerous job opportunities for students. If you have an interest in calculations and want to explore more about maths theorems and rules then you should pursue this course. Moreover, the above has all the necessary details about doing BSC (Hons) Mathematics from Delhi University.