BSC (Hons) Chemistry from Delhi University is an undergraduate course. Chemistry is the science of the composition, properties, structure, and especially of atomic and reactions of matter, and molecular systems. This program includes various theories of chemistry and its branches, including environmental chemistry, physical chemistry, organic and inorganic chemistry, etc.
Moreover, the course is three years of duration (Theory plus Practical). After completing the course students have a lot of career options in different spheres. If you have an analytical, examining, and problem-solving mind then this course is suitable for you.
This program is designed for students to develop theoretical knowledge and interdisciplinary subjects and a practical understanding of chemistry. BSC (Hons) Chemistry provides relevant guidance to students to analyze the chemical phenomena reactivity and properties and also perform laboratory research projects. This degree is designed to give a wide understanding of the discipline after which students can gain aptitude in a special field.
BSC (Hons) Chemistry is an interesting subject. Learning how everything is happening around us from a chemistry perspective is just pleasurable. Chemistry permits to illustrate aptitudes in the use of computers for data acquisition, control, and data analysis. Not just this but chemistry students see the world with a different concept. Graduates confront in current research projects and act as skillful scientists and help develop and carry them forward.
The course brings specialization in the subject and gives significance to the basic subject knowledge for the higher studies in the specific subject. Also, BSC (Hons) Chemistry from Delhi University is a better choice for other opportunities like Research, lectureship, Corporate World, and more.
Table of Contents
- 1 MAIN SUBJECTS THAT ARE COVERED IN BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY
- 2 BEST COLLEGES OFFERING BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
- 3 FUN FACT ABOUT BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY COURSE
- 4 PLACEMENT COMPANIES, COLLEGE, AND PROFILES
- 5 ADD ON COURSES THAT YOU CAN DO WITH BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
- 6 FAMOUS ALUMNI OF DELHI UNIVERSITY WHO STUDIED CHEMISTRY HONORS
- 7 WHICH SOCIETY/EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY IS MORE USEFUL WITH BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY
- 8 TIPS TO EXCEL IN EXAMS OF THIS COURSE AND A ROADMAP TO STUDY DURING COLLEGES DAY
- 9 SCOPE OF DOING BSc (HONS) STATISTICS FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY | 7 KEY POINTS
- 10 CONCLUSION
MAIN SUBJECTS THAT ARE COVERED IN BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY
The syllabus of BSC (Hons) Chemistry from Delhi University is such that it covers a lot of interesting subjects. All are equally divided amongst the three years. So, the main subjects that are covered in this course are – atomic structure, thermodynamics, coordination chemistry, chemical bonding, classes of organic compounds, the chemistry of various elements, electrochemistry, quantum mechanics, spectroscopy, a method of chemistry, a method of chemical analysis, computer applications in chemistry, environmental and biochemistry, etc.
BEST COLLEGES OFFERING BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
St. Stephen’s College, Miranda House, Hindu College, Hansraj College, Sri Venkateswara College, Ramjas College, Gargi College, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Maitreyi College, Kirori Mal College, etc are some of the best colleges of Delhi University are offering Chemistry Honors. Many of these colleges have the best chemistry department in the entire Delhi University (DU).
To check the cut-off for 2020, click here.
FUN FACT ABOUT BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY COURSE
BSC (Hons) Chemistry is a course full of exciting opportunities. Learning this course will help you to deal with different chemicals. Chemistry labs are just fun. Mix different chemicals and see what happens next is a part of your course. You can explore the fundamental nature of elements and composition of compounds. This course permits to clarify aptitudes in the use of computers for data acquisition, control, and data analysis. So, there is a lot of career options and job opportunities after completing BSC (Hons) chemistry from Delhi University.
PLACEMENT COMPANIES, COLLEGE, AND PROFILES
• After graduating in Chemistry higher studies in chemistry students can go for a master’s degree in Chemistry. They can opt M.Sc and further P.hd in the same subject, to enlist teaching/ training or lectureship programs, and in fields of Research and development.
• If you are interested in working just after graduation then you can do a job. This course has possibilities for them, both in the public and private sectors.
• Students can also opt for MBA/MS. Pursuing a BSC (honors) in Chemistry will not close the opportunities in the Corporate and Research world. There will always be an alternative for doing MBA/MS for a Chemistry graduate.
• Students can so try their hands in competitive exams like UPSC, IBPS, SSC, etc. These exams will always be on the list for the graduate of B.Sc (honors) in Chemistry. Candidate can prepare or appear for these exams, in the final year of graduation or after graduation.
ADD ON COURSES THAT YOU CAN DO WITH BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY FROM DELHI UNIVERSITY
Delhi University offers many short term courses to the students. These short-term courses help students to enhance their CV and to get better job opportunities. Students can pursue these short term courses along with their graduation courses. However, some of the courses that you can do along with your chemistry Honors are:
• Learning Foreign Language:- Learning a foreign language is one of the worthy short-term courses among students. Students can learn a different foreign language at Delhi University such as German, French, Spanish, or any other language that enables you to have an awareness of them. Most Delhi University colleges offer various short-term courses for 1 year.
• Content writing:- Gaining some new skills always help you to achieve your goals. The candidate can pursue a short-term course in content writing. However, content writing will positively increase your potential and soon you will be able to learn to write some good quality content.
FAMOUS ALUMNI OF DELHI UNIVERSITY WHO STUDIED CHEMISTRY HONORS
Amolak Chand Jain had done his BSC (Hons) Chemistry from Delhi University and is now a well-known Chemist; Recipient of the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize. Charusita Chakravarty had also done Chemistry Honors from St. Stephen’s College. He is a well-known professor of chemistry at IIT Delhi; Recipient of the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize.
WHICH SOCIETY/EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY IS MORE USEFUL WITH BSC (HONS) CHEMISTRY
If you are pursuing BSC (Hons) Chemistry then you can choose various societies such as Debating Society, Quiz Society, Enactus, NSS, and many other cells such as E-cells, placement cells, etc. Moreover, you can balance both societies and study easily. Just you need to manage your time for both fun and knowledge. Different Delhi University colleges offer different and engaging societies. Candidates can select what fits well for them and their interests.
TIPS TO EXCEL IN EXAMS OF THIS COURSE AND A ROADMAP TO STUDY DURING COLLEGES DAY
You must hear that college life is just about fun and you don’t have to focus much on the study. But let me tell you one thing that if you are pursuing BSC (Hons) chemistry from Delhi University then must maintain a balance between fun and studies to secure a brighter future. Students must attend theory lectures and practical classes as well. Students can easily manage to secure a good CGPA, just they have to work on time management. Learning Chemistry is fun all you need is an interest in this course. Moreover, Delhi University Libraries have an ample amount of good books for chemistry. Just follow your passion and you will get a fruitful result.
BSC (Hons) chemistry is one of the popular courses of Delhi University. There are various career options after this course as it offers various job opportunities to students. If you have an interest in chemicals and want to explore the fundamental nature of elements and composition of compounds you should pursue this course. Moreover, the above has all the necessary details about doing BSC (Hons) Chemistry from Delhi University.