The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Tuesday released SOP for the partial opening of schools and colleges voluntarily. The partial school reopening for class 9th to 12th voluntarily will be permissible after 20th September. The SOP issued by the Union Ministry of Health and Family outlines various precautionary measures to be adopted in schools to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Table of Contents
- 1 Preventative measures to be followed for School Reopening:
- 2 DELHI SCHOOLS REOPENING: CLASS 9th TO 12th CAN VISIT SCHOOLS AFTER 20TH SEPTEMBER
- 3 School Reopening: Schools are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- 4 ALSO READ: UNLOCK 4.0: SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES TO STAY SHUT TILL SEPT END
Preventative measures to be followed for School Reopening:
- The social distancing of at least 6 feet to be obeyed as far as possible.
- The use of face masks/covers to be made as a compulsory component.
- Frequently washing hands with soap for at least 40-60 seconds or using sanitizers even when hands are clean.
- Use of sanitizers (alcohol-based) for a minimum of 20 seconds to made whenever possible.
- All the staff members and students to follow respiratory decency. This involves the stringent covering of nose or mouth while sneezing or coughing with a handkerchief/tissue/flexed elbow and disposal of used tissue appropriately.
- Self-monitoring of fitness and health by everyone and reporting of ill health at the firstest.
- Prohibition of spitting.
- Installation and usage of the Aarogya Setu App whenever possible.
School Reopening: Schools are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Distance/online learning shall continue to be followed and shall be facilitated on school reopening.
- Students of Classes 9th to 12th shall be allowed to visit their schools voluntarily with the permission of their guardians for seeking guidance from their teachers. Such permissible visits and discussions/interactions must take place in a staggered mode.
- Also, only those schools will be permissible to open which falls outside containment zones. Teachers, students, and other staff members living in containment zones will not be permitted to visit schools. Also, they are advised not to visit areas that fall under containment zones so that safety can be ensured.
- Schools that are functioning as quarantine centers should be appropriately deep cleaned and sanitized before partial resumption.
- If weather sanctions outdoor spaces can be utilized for the interaction of teachers and students. The interactions can be concluded outdoors keeping in view the security and safety of students.
- Sports, school events, and assemblies that might lead to overcrowding should be forbidden as per MoHFW guidelines.
- The temperature and air conditioning settings of all the appliances should be in the range of 24-30 degrees. The schools must focus on the intake of as much fresh air as possible. Making adequate arrangements for cross ventilation.
- The entrance of all the schools should compulsorily install hand sanitizers and thermal screening prerequisites. Multiple gates should be used for discharge of entry and exit points if possible.
- Only asymptomatic employees, teachers, and students to be permitted on school reopening on the school premises. So, if an employee, teacher, or a student is found to be COVID-19 symptomatic, he/she should be directed to the nearest COVID-19 center.