The honorable Prime Minister of India addressed the nation from the historic Red Fort on 15th August 2005. There he announced a scheme that is called the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS). This scheme for RPF was introduced on August 15, 2005.
For RPF, this scheme was introduced in the academic year 2008-09. The scheme was introduced for the dependent officers of RPF/ RPSF and widow, below the gazette officer rank. It was launched to introduce higher technical and vocational education among them. The Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme is offered by the Ministry of Railways under the Government of India.
Here are some important dates related to the scheme. The scholarship will be announced on 16th August, 2020 and will be closed on 31st October, 2020. The last date for detective verification and institute verification is 15th November, 2020.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF PRIME MINISTER SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
The eligibility criteria of the applicant are:
- The applicant must be dependent on ex-RPF/RPSF staff or a widow.
- Must have secured a minimum of 60 percent in the Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) which is class 12, diploma, or graduation.
- Must practice professional or technical degree courses recognized by the respective government authorities like AICTE, MCI, UGC, NCTE, and many more. The courses are B.E, B.Tech., MBBS, BCA, MCA, BBS, B.Pharma, etc. In a family, only two wards will get benefits under this scholarship. The concerned zonal railways/RPSF should ensure them as well.
AMOUNT FOR PRIME MINISTER SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
150 students are earmarked to RPF for a session. The un-allocated quota in any gender will not be utilized for other categories. The scholarship amount is Rs. 2000 per month for males and Rs.2,250 for female students. In every year, according to the merit, the DG/RPF will approve and then scholarship would be granted.
From the year, 2020-21, the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF (Ministry of Railways) will be enforced through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). All those applicants who are eligible and want to apply can apply on the official website www.scholarship.gov.in.
STEP TO APPLY FOR PRIME MINISTER SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
Candidates have to follow some steps to apply for the scholarship scheme
- Click on the button ‘Apply Now’ given below.
- Carefully read the guidelines. Select the undertaking and click on ‘Continue’.
- Fill in some important details like the selection of domicile state, scholarship category, type of scholarship schemes, and gender.
- Write your name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
- Fill in the bank details like bank name, IFSC Code, and Account Number.
- Fill in the Aadhaar Number or Bank Account Number as identification details. Click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The mobile number will verify and the applicant will receive OTP on the registered number.
- Log in with the help of OTP and Fill the form.
- The applicant will receive an application ID and password. Use it for future references.
All the applicants have to fill them correctly. No changes can be made once the form is submitted. The applicants have to fill only one form. The filling of multiple applications will cancel the form.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WHILE FILLING THE FORM OF PRIME MINISTER SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
Some documents are required while filling the form. The documents which will be uploaded are:
- For Category 4, the service certificate issued by respective offices of serving personnel.
- For category1,2 and 3, a copy of PPO of discharge certificate or book.
- Attested scanned copy of the mark sheet of 12th or diploma/ graduation.
For further details, refer to the official website www.scholarship.gov.in.