DU JAT is scheduled to be clasped in June 2020 and it is a gateway for entry in various undergraduate courses like Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), BBA (FIA), BA (Hons) in Business Economics given by University of Delhi. In order to attain the best result on the D-day, take a clue from the following DU JAT preparation tips.
Delhi University has released the date of the petition to courses based on the entrance exam. DU offers a ton of courses across multi-disciplines and the abundance of applications is increasing every year. It is valuable for students to choose courses wisely maintaining the admission protocol in mind (entrance and Merit-based).
Below we are deciphering the Details you desire to know about JAT entrance exams performed by DU:
Earlier DU was administering entrance (DU JAT) for admission to BBA, BMS, and BBE programs. But now the university has declared a list of courses for which they are to perform entrance exams.
1. Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
2. Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
3. B. A (Hons.) Business Economics
4. B. EL.Ed. Bachelor of Elementary Education
5. B.A.(Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
6. B.Sc.(P.E., H.E. & S) Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports
7. B. A. (Hons.) Music
8. B. Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
9. B.A. (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication *Only for Girls.*
Group Discussion /Interview will seize place for courses like BMS and BBA after the entrance exams. Entrance Exam will be pen and paper-based with 120 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) to be undertaken in 2 Hours.
1. Previous Years’ Papers: It should be the main step to start with the practice. Practice the previous years’ papers, since they provide you an idea of the degree of the paper and the exam pattern. If you are a person who has difficulty with completing the questions on time, then set a time limit for yourself when you exercise.
2. Plan an Exam Strategy: This is crucial especially when the time is restricted. Attempt the sections you are favorable at and leave the rest for later. Scheduling the way, you attempt the problems can come in beneficial.
3. Don’t mark your answers randomly: Your objective must be to attempt only 80-85 questions and get approximately 72-75 questions true and the job is performed. Memorize this – You are NOT out there to answer everything that is expected of you.
4. Difficult Questions: Keeping the above in mind, pick and select your battles wisely and let go of questions that are moving to eat up your time. While attempting the paper, don’t stay stuck on a difficult question, move ahead if that occurs. Remember, every problem has equal weightage. At times you can attain the right answer by eradicating options that are not related to the question. So, think about each option and its bearing, you never know what clicks.
5. Conduct a thorough Section-wise Analysis: Each category has its own difficulties. The trick is to identify those and prepare them. For example – Does the QA section encompass more of Basic Math or Higher Math? What is examined more in the GA section – Fixed GA or Current Affairs? What does the VA category priority?
6. General Awareness: This section is a huge deterrent, If you find yourself to be in the same dilemma, then you are certainly not alone. This, by far, is the single most MAKE OR BREAK category in the exam. Remember this – If you do not score well here, chances are you aren’t bringing to that 300 marks craved target. You cannot afford to score anything lower than 85 marks in this area. The key is to ready Current Affairs and Business Awareness in an exceptionally robust way while jeopardizing those hours on static GA may not be as awful as it may seem. Keep smoothing your rusty general awareness, go through the Monthly Questionnaires, Daily Snapshots, and Monthly Compendiums from PRATHAM’s equipment. You will have a significant advantage over additional candidates if you renovate this section into a strength area. So give it your absolute prime!
7. Do Not Forget To Revise:
For ensuring good marks, revision is a must. Without sufficient revision, you may miss the topics that you had reviewed before, which will, in turn, lead to turmoil later on. Therefore, you should spend sufficient time on revising the topics.
8. Note the Marking Scheme:
DU JAT has negative marking. For each valid response, you will be given 3 marks, whereas, for each FALSE response, 1 mark will be deducted. So, it is advisable for you to strive only those problems you are absolutely sure of, in order to resist losing marks in the entrance exam.
9. Be calm, cool, and collected: This paper is frivolity but an ability test, and if you have your theories and fundamentals clear, you don’t need to worry about anything. Don’t stress yourself out that assassinates rational thinking, which is a must to give this paper.
Following are some of the section-wise preparation tips that can assist the candidates to formulate in a better way:
The Verbal Ability category in DU JAT magistrates students’ Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension. In order to read this section, candidates should formulate a habit of reading newspapers on a daily basis and begin to solve the maximum number of previous years’ question papers. Candidates can also pertain to some of the best grammar books to exercise a variation of questions.
Reasoning and Analytical Ability:
This section is one of the scoring section in DU JAT wherein nominees ’ surmising and analytical capacities are tested. Several questions based on bar graphs, diagrams, and data understanding can be exercised to score marks in this section.
This area can be equipped by the competitors if they are comprehensive with the syllabus of class 11 and 12. In the gate exam, some difficulties may also be implored from class 10 that should be well prepared by the candidates.
Business and General Awareness:
In order to ready this special section, learners are instructed to read and follow news on TV, newspapers, etc to comprehend the current manifestations around the world. This area will test competitors ’ understanding and awareness about today’s world and several problems correlated to Brands, logos, catchphrases, Arts & Music, Awards and Honors, Company/Business beings, Indian History, and World History can be implored in the entrance examination.
Here are providing some common books for DU JAT
which you can pertain to practice for the entrance exams. These books also counsel you on how to prepare for this exam step by step, so just require to buy any such books.
DU-JAT General Awareness preparation books
DU-JAT General Awareness preparation books
DU-JAT General English Preparation Books
DU-JAT Reasoning and Analytical Ability
For the General Knowledge sector: students can read Newspapers, Class 11 and 12 Business Studies books, Manorama Yearbook, Current Affairs Made Easy Quarterly problems.
For General Current Affairs, you can relate to News Papers, Economics/Business News Paper, Business Studies books of class 11th and 12th standard, One Year Book Magazines for General Knowledge, and some monthly Magazines of last 2 to 3 months minimum.
This year DU has inaugurated entrance Exams for many Courses so it is relatively tough to believe how the Question Paper is about to come. The Qualifying Criteria is not disseminated by DU yet. We anticipate that University will disclose some more evidence about it in arising days as it is improving anxiety among the students. Till then study on the rationale of above-recommended books and references.
A Social Media geek who enjoys writing about youth and their life. Marketer by profession, Digital marketer by passion.
An Indian student can get a degree from universities in India and abroad at the… Read More
For the third Cycle of JEE Main 2021 which will be conducted in March, the… Read More
These days, there is no need for an expensive degree to learn a new skill… Read More
On Thursday, IIT Kanpur launched an online certificate course in blockchain technology. Indian Institute of… Read More
The college of Arts, Delhi University is being merged with Ambedkar University. However, the Delhi… Read More