On Monday, Vinay Gupta, Dean, University of Delhi has issued a set of guidelines for the benefit of visually impaired students who will appear for “Open book examinations”.
The notification contains all the details needed to give OBE for visually impaired postgraduate and undergraduate final year students. OBE is scheduled from 1st July, according to the date sheet on the official website.
Table of Contents
- 1 DELHI UNIVERSITY ORGANIZED A WEBINAR FOR ITS VISUALLY IMPAIRED STUDENTS
- 2 RELIEF FOR VISUALLY IMPAIRED STUDENTS: FC DEVELOPED AUDIOBOOK, SHARING SITE TO AID
It states the provision of study materials including books and notes, reference texts, assertive devices, and the other special benefits to visually impaired pupils.
The Dean has directed all the principals and the head of the department to note down the following essential points with respect to last year’s visually impaired students’ OBE for the session 2019-20.
The important points under the guidelines issued on 22nd July for blind students are –
• The College/Department shall extend their support to the visually impaired students of their respective institutions in providing study materials or other reference scripts if asked by students for OBE.
• The colleges and each department need to develop a proper authentic email that should be displayed on its website to receive related requests. Also, they need to ensure that it could be available in a format, accessible to them, in a screen reader mode.
• The students who need books that are available in the University of Saksham in an accessible outlet can send a request for the same, notifying the author, title, and the name of examination for which they need these books. The request can be heard via email, WhatsApp, or SMS to the below number.
Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
SMS/Whatsapp no- 9650410351.
If the students face any problem while communicating with an above-prescribed number, you can contact on email@example.com or you can call on 9911824704 from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM on working days (Mon-Fri)
• The department/college also required to keep certain staff members to put visually impaired students in touch with professors imparting learning of the particular papers for which students expect the various study materials.
• The study materials provided by the authorities must be compiled in a searchable pdf or Docx. Form. Required assistive devices should be given, if asked, to visually impaired students, appearing for OBE.
• The college administration should make best endeavors to make scribe for visually impaired students appearing for OBE exams as per prior notification obtained from these students as per the date sheet for last year students for the session 2019-20.
• A council of the following members will be developed, in order to listen to the grievances and concerns of students related to OBE exams.
1.) Professor Anil K. Aneja, Nodal officer, Equal Opportunity Cell, who will solve the problems related to PWD students, especially visually impaired ones
2.) Ajay K. Arora, Nodal officer- grievances for SOL and NCWEB. The students can send their queries and concerns to the email id firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
3.) Dr. Narendra Kumar, University librarian for assisting books and references available in the university library.
All the above steps have been taken to ensure smooth conduction for visually impaired students who need special attention.
FOR INSTANT DELHI UNIVERSITY ADMISSION UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM