Table of Contents
- 1 The professor, Ashwani Kumar, was assaulted by a Global Business Operations student on July 14, allegedly because of low marks in internal assessment.An FIR was registered against the student, but disciplinary committee hasn’t taken any action in the accused till now.
- 2 More than 100 students from Shri Ram College of Commerce held a sit-in protest on Saturday against the college authority so that they can take quick actions on this matter. The protest was held with permission of principal, and had been divulged through classroom campaigns. The students were also joined by teachers and alumni.
- 3 Incidents like this should not be tolerated and it is very obvious for us to protest against them in order to force the college authorities to take quick action.” said Amol Singh Rasnal, one of the students in the protest.
- 4 “It has been 15 days now. We need to force the disciplinary committee to take action sooner, so that this incident acts as a deterrent. Such behaviour is disruptive of the SRCC culture, and should not be tolerated”, said by a professor during gathering.
- 5 A letter demanding strict and timely action by the college, including the expulsion of the accused from Delhi University along with police investigation into the matter, was signed by all present and forwarded to the authorities.
- 6 – Prachi Agarwal