Table of Contents
- 1 The Supreme Court has upheld the death sentence for the four convicts in the Nirbhaya gang rape case.
- 2 Akshay, Pawan, Vinay Sharma and Mukesh had challenged the Delhi HC’s confirmation of their death sentence, awarded by a trial court in 2013.
- 3 “We have full faith in the judicial system,” Nirbhaya’s mother Asha Devi earlier said.
- 4 On the night of 16 December 2012, Nirbhaya (name changed) accompanied by a male friend boarded a bus at Munirka for Dwarka.
- 5 The bus had 6 men who assaulted both Nirbhaya and her friend. Nirbhaya was dragged to the rear end of the moving bus and brutally raped.
- 6 After being raped, the assailants hurled Nirbhaya and her friend out of the bus.
- 7 The fact:Nirbhaya no more On 28 December 2012, 12 days after she suffered serious “injuries to her abdomen, intestines and genitals due to the assault”, Nirbhaya succumbed to her injuries and died in Singapore.