The admissions in DU DSE (Delhi School of Economics) for MA Economics has begun till July 31. The PG portal has been started by DU DSE for those students who have cleared their BA with the required marks.
In DSE, PG courses are available for those candidates who want to pursue an MA in Economics, which is a 2-year course.
Table of Contents
- 1 IMPORTANT DATES IN DU DSE MA ECONOMICS 2020
- 2 MA ECONOMICS COURSE IN DU DSE
- 3 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF MA ECONOMICS 2020 IN DU DSE
- 4 APPLICATION FORM OF DU DSE MA ECONOMICS 2020
- 5 EXAM PATTERN OF DU DSE MA ECONOMICS
- 6 MERIT LIST OF DU DSE
- 7 DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR ADMISSION:
- 8 BOOKS REQUIRED FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
IMPORTANT DATES IN DU DSE MA ECONOMICS 2020
Commencement of application form: Started
The last date for registration: July 31, 2020
MA ECONOMICS COURSE IN DU DSE
There are 2 years in this course consisting of 4 semesters. The course includes the following topics:
• In semester I, there are topics like Introductory Mathematical Economics and Macroeconomics theory.
• In Semester II, there are topics like Institutions, Market, Economic India, Economic growth, and policy in India.
• The IIIrd and IVth semesters will have four optional papers.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF MA ECONOMICS 2020 IN DU DSE
• The eligibility criteria should be checked by the students before applying for the application form.
• If the candidates want a direct admission through the merit list, then they should have a bachelor’s degree in Arts from a recognized University and at least 50%.
• If the students do not have the required marks, then they have to appear for an entrance exam. They will have to secure at least 40% in the general category, 36% for OBC, and 20% for SC/ST.
• Once the entrance exam is conducted, the merit list will be announced through which only those candidates will get admission who are eligible.
APPLICATION FORM OF DU DSE MA ECONOMICS 2020
• The online application form is available on the website of DSE.
• All the information has to be filled by the candidates very carefully and correctly.
• The form requires the personal information of candidates like 10+2 level qualification, valid ID, etc.
• The cost of the form for general, OBC and other categories is Rs 700 and Rs 300 for SC/ST.
• The application fees can be deposited by the candidates through a debit/credit card or other payment methods.
• Once all the formalities are complete, the students will have their ID and password through which they will be able to check their results and other important information.
• A printout of the application form should be taken out by the candidates for further reference.
EXAM PATTERN OF DU DSE MA ECONOMICS
• The result is announced on the official website after the exams. For this, the candidates should regularly check the website.
• The candidate will receive an email regarding the information on the result and merit list.
• The correct application number and password should be filled in by the students to check their results.
• Those candidates who have eligible marks will be selected for the merit list.
MERIT LIST OF DU DSE
• The University releases the merit list on the official website.
• The candidates who have the required marks will be shortlisted for the admission.
• For the verification process, all the candidates should have the original documents.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR ADMISSION:
Some documents which are essential to be carried by students are:
• Mark-sheet of 10th and 12th
• The bachelor’s degree
• The scorecard of the entrance exam
• The character certificates
• The migration certificates
BOOKS REQUIRED FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
• Delhi University MA Economics Guide 2020 by Arihant Experts. Buy it here.
• Study Notes Material On Economics Entrance Exam [ PACK OF 8 BOOKS ] For DELHI UNIVERSITY. Buy it here.