The Lady Hardinge Medical College Delhi University was formally opened by Lord Hardinge in February 1916. The college served to advance medical education for women in India.
Today it is proved by the fact that the doctors walking the path of this college have gained worldwide fame. They have held key positions in their respective fields, such as Dr. Sushil Nair, I.I. C. M. R. Of Dr. Usha Luthra, WHO’s Dr. Sumedha Khanna. Ford Foundation’s Dr. Saroj Pachauri.
Beginning of college Dr. Kate Plott was led by the skilled M.D., who was the first principal of the college. Currently the director of the college, Drs. GK Sharma.
The college initially has 14–16 students from all over India every year. In the year 2008, the number of annual admissions was periodically reviewed, and finally, it was built up to the current admissions capacity of 150. It is the only medical college of the University of Delhi which has increased its admission capacity in the year 2008. To accept OBC candidates as part of Phase-I of the implementation of the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admissions) Act 2006.
By the completion of Phase-III of the program of implementation of the aforesaid Act in the year 2011, the admission capacity of the MBBS course will be increased to 200 seats. For this growth, the development of a comprehensive re-development institution, envisaged increased faculty, staff, bed-strength, new buildings, and other infrastructure.
The initial phase of the Lady’s Hardinge Medical College was an autonomous institution managed by a governing body. In the year 1953, the Board of Administration was constituted by the Central Government. Formally took over the management of the institution. In February 1978, management was taken over by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare under an Act of Parliament.
Since its inception, the institution has produced 6125 graduates and 2564 postgraduates in various medical and surgical specialties. Students and faculties have consistently competed with the best in the country for academic excellence, state-of-the-art health care provision, and high-quality research.
For the teaching and training of medical students, the college has two fully developed hospitals – Smt. Sucheta Kripalani Hospital, and Kalavati Saran Bal Hospital with bed strength of 877 and 350 respectively. All the departments of hospitals are equipped with modern facilities to provide tertiary level healthcare to the people of Delhi and surrounding areas. The hospital has been caring for male patients since 1991.
KNOW YOUR COLLEGE- LADY HARDINGE MEDICAL COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
- Best courses offered by Lady Hardinge Medical College – MBBS, and MD.
- NIRF Ranking of Lady Hardinge Medical College – Not Available
- Fees range- The fees for the first year of College of Lady Hardinge Medical College Delhi University ranges from Rs 1,400 to Rs 18,600.
- Fun facts about Lady Hardinge Medical College – The official fest of Lady Hardinge Medical College “Splash” is the most controversial and hyped fest of all time. Glittering showstoppers like Benny Dayal perform at the annual fests of the Lady Hardinge Medical College.
Moreover, Lady Hardinge Medical College has a good campus crowd. The annual cultural fest is the major highlight. The college has a special location known as Maggie’s point, which is very famous for Maggie, the students can go anytime there. The Campus location is in the heart of the city, New Delhi, and walking distance to Connaught Place, Along with this the college has an auditorium, cafeteria, gym, and sports facility.
- Placement companies that come to Lady Hardinge Medical College – Lady Hardinge Medical College’s undeniable training and placement cell which intermittently liaises and associates with the corporate world in order to analyze the chance of internships and job placement of students.
For internships and placement cells of the Lady, Hardinge Medical College link-up with main hospitals such as RML H and the Neonatology department at Kalawati which are renowned in Asia have been tremendous learning resources.
- What campus does the Lady Hardinge Medical College belong to? The lady Hardinge Medical College belongs to the south Campus.
- What is the proper address of the Lady Hardinge Medical college? Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, Connaught Place, Delhi 110001.
- Nearest metro station to Lady Hardinge Medical college – The Rajiv Chowk Metro Station is the nearest metro station to Lady Hardinge Medical College.
- Nearest market to Lady Hardinge Medical College – The market closest to the Lady Hardinge Medical College is CP Market.
- Other DU colleges besides the Lady Hardinge Medical College – Kalindi college, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa, etc
- Nearest PG available to Lady Hardinge Medical College – The area where you can find PGs near to the lady Hardinge Medical College is Patel Nagar.
- Famous alumni of the Lady Hardinge Medical College – The famous alumni of the College Of Lady Hardinge Medical College are- Malvika Sabharwal(Indian obstetrician), Sushila Nayyar(Indian physician), Hemlata Gupta(Indian medical doctor), Usha Kehar Luthra (Indian pathologist), Shiela Mehra (Indian gynecologist), Fatima Shah (Physician), Sarita Sanke, Yasmin Daji (Doctor), Rashid Jahan (Indian writer), Nivedita Gupta, Zohra Begum Kazi (Physician), Dorothy Stuart Russell, Anuradha Chowdhary (Researcher), Rekha Bharti (Researcher), etc.
BASIC ADMISSION CRITERIA IN THE LADY HARDINGE MEDICAL COLLEGE, DELHI
There is an Entrance-Based Admission in Lady Hardinge Medical College. The students who want to take admission in this college must have qualified entrance exams such as NEET-UG, NEET-PG, NEET-SS.
FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF LADY HARDINGE MEDICAL COLLEGE DELHI UNIVERSITY
- Jijeevisha- The Dramatics Society of LHMC
- Aarohana- The music society of LHMC
- Viola- The dance society of LHMC
There are various courses offered by the Lady Hardinge Medical College Delhi University in postgraduation such as MD in Paediatrics, Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine, Bio-Chemistry, Anaesthesiology, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, MS in ENT, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, DM Neonatology, MCh Paediatric Surgery.
The latest information is available on the College website. The candidates can apply to these courses online, or offline aspirants aspiring to take admission into MD and MS courses should be MBBS graduates and must have qualified NEET PG for admission. Admission to MCh will be based on the nominee’s rank/score in NEET SS.
All the necessary details have been provided in the above article. Lady Hardinge Medical College is one of the best medical colleges in India. which has nice faculty, infrastructure, and consist of a diverse crowd. Moreover, the College. The Lady Hardinge Medical College has a well-stocked library. It is one of the oldest medical libraries in India and has also a good collection of a number of old journals in the biomedical sciences. The library is home to more than 60,000 books.
Sports and game installations are adequate. Labs are relatively good in their standards. If you are looking for an all-girls’ medical college in Delhi, where you can learn and rise, Lady Hardinge Medical College is a good option. Overall, college is a good choice in terms of all the important aspects, which a student desires.
The Lady Hardinge Medical College has had a trance for a long time, maintaining its unique character, still moving with the times, and dynamically advancing itself in all its areas of activities. If you are getting the opportunity to get admission to this college then you must grab this opportunity.
To read more about other DU colleges, visit here.