The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce Delhi University is one of the constituent colleges of Delhi University. The co-educational college is located at the prime location of Netaji Nagar. Established in 1987, the college building is owned by the Department of Higher Education, GNCTD. The college is one of the most sought-after colleges of the South Campus of Delhi University.
With a built-up area of around 2.5 acres, Delhi College of Arts and Commerce Delhi University has a campus area of approximately 5 acres. The library of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce has more than 56538 in it. These books are of various disciplines. E-resources are also provided in the library that can be accessed through the N-List program of INFLIBNET. The resources are available to teachers and students alike.
The college has a basketball court, a volleyball court, a swimming pool, a table tennis room, a carrom and chess room, and a mini football court. The college also has its own cafeteria and gym. A media lab, computer lab, and auditorium are also available in the college. The college also has a seminar hall and a separate girls’ common room.
For all the students and teachers, the college has wi-fi access. The classrooms are also very big so that the students are comfortable during the lectures. The labs for science students are well-equipped to provide practical knowledge to the students.
To see more details, please visit the college website here.
Table of Contents
KNOW YOU COLLEGE- DELHI COLLEGE OF ARTS AND COMMERCE
- Best courses offered by DCAC- The best courses offered by Delhi College of Arts and Commerce are the B. Com (Hons.) and the BA (Hons.) courses.
- NIRF ranking of DCAC- The NIRF ranking of DCAC is not available.
- Fees range- The fees of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce Delhi University ranges from Rs 12,000 to Rs 25,000 for different courses.
- Fun facts about DCAC- Since the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce has a lot of societies, many events are happening in the college throughout the year. The annual cultural fest of DCAC is called Ambrosia where Bhuvan Bam and Guru Randhawa had performed.
The amazing food joints of INA Market always draw the attention of the students. The Taj CCD is also very famous among the students.
- Placement companies that come to DCAC- For those students who are interested in placement, the placement cell of the college is really good. The students can also secure good internships through the college by either filling the form in the placement societies or directly filling the forms published by the companies. The students are groomed by the placement cells. The average salary offered to the students is between 4-5 lakhs per annum.
Multi-national companies like Deloitte, Google, KPMG come to the college during placements. The top recruiting companies are PWC, Ernst & Young, GyaanMart, OYO, Uber, Global Hunt, and Infinity Placement Services. Students are able to secure internships in companies like Creation Softech Technologies Pvt. Ltd., and Angel Power Recruiters. 40 to 50% of students get placed each year.
- What campus does the college belong to? Delhi College of Arts and Commerce belongs to the South Campus of Delhi University.
- What is the proper address of the college? Netaji Nagar, New Moti Bagh, New Delhi-110023.
- Nearest metro station to Delhi College of Arts and Commerce- The nearest metro station to the DCAC is the INA station on the yellow and the pink line.
- Nearest market to DCAC- The nearest market to Delhi College of Arts and Commerce Delhi University is the Sarojini Nagar market.
- Other Delhi University Colleges beside DCAC- Jesus and Mary College, Maitreyi College, Gargi College, Kamla Nehru College, and Sri Venkateshwara College are some of the colleges near the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
- Nearest PG available to DCAC- You can find good PGs in Satya Niketan if you take admission in Delhi College of Arts and Commerce Delhi University.
- Famous alumni of DCAC- Rahul Kanwal, Sachin Shroff, Bhawna Sharma, Diwakar Punde, Gautam Rode, Gautam Ghosh, Sandeep Ghai, Lt Colonel Snehashish Bhattacharya, Dhruv Gupta, Rajendra Singh, Shahnam Aslam, Amit Saxena, Karan Vir Mehra, Vinil Matthew, and Cyrus Sahukar are some of the notable alumni of the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
CUTOFF OF ARTS COURSES IN DELHI COLLEGE OF ARTS AND COMMERCE DELHI UNIVERSITY
|COURSE NAME||1st CUTOFF LIST 2019|
|BA (Hons.) Economics||96.75||95.50||92.00||92.00||92.00||95.50|
|BA (Hons.) English||96.50||93.75||90.25||90.25||90.25||96.00|
|BA (Hons.) History||94.00||92.00||89.00||89.00||89.00||93.00|
|BA (Hons.) Journalism||98.50||96.50||96.00||95.00||93.00||98.00|
|BA (Hons.) Political Science||95.50||93.50||91.50||91.50||86.50||95.00|
CUTOFF OF COMMERCE COURSES IN DELHI COLLEGE OF ARTS AND COMMERCE DELHI UNIVERSITY
|COURSE NAME||1st CUTOFF LIST 2019|
|B. COM (Hons.)||97.25||94.25||91.50||91.50||91.50||96.00|
CUTOFF OF SCIENCE COURSES IN DELHI COLLEGE OF ARTS AND COMMERCE DELHI UNIVERSITY
The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce does not offer any science courses at the undergraduate or the postgraduate level.
To check the 2020 Delhi University cut-off, click here.
FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF DELHI COLLEGE OF ARTS AND COMMERCE
- Drift Up is the dance society of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
- Lehar is the drama society of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
- Clicks is the photography society of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
- Inc is the fashion society of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
- Prakriti is the environmental society of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
- Music Society of DCAC.
- National Service Scheme (NSS) Unit of DCAC.
- Debating Society of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce’s Social Harmony
- Enactus chapter of Delhi College of Arts and Commerce.
POSTGRADUATION COURSES IN DCAC
The Delhi College of Arts and Commerce Delhi University does not offer any postgraduation courses.
The faculty of the college is very qualified and helpful. The method of teaching is exceptionally well and the use of real-life examples makes everything easier to understand. The huge library also helps the students in studying. Good placement companies come to the college and offer good packages. Therefore, this makes the college a top choice among the other Delhi University colleges of South Campus.
The annual fest of the college is very happening. There are many societies in the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce and therefore you will have the option of participating in an extracurricular activity that you like. The students are constantly encouraged by the faculty to participate in extracurricular activities.
If you are someone who likes to indulge in extracurricular activities along with studies, then the Delhi College of Arts and Commerce is the best place for you. You will get great exposure while working in societies. The crowd of the campus is also very good and humble so you will feel at home here. The college is known for its humble crowd.
Those students who score more than 88% marks are given scholarships from the college. The college offers all the religious minority scholarships offered by the government to its students. The college also offers the Delhi University scholarship to its students.
To read about other DU colleges please visit here.