College of Arts Delhi university was built in 1942. The College is under the Fine Art, Faculty of Music and, University of Delhi, for every scholarly issue and entirely administrated by the Government of NCT of Delhi.
The aim of the prospectus programs in the College is to accomplish a general refinement of the understudy observation not limited to the aptitudes of the calling alone yet, in addition, to make the sort of keenness just as enthusiastic development to show up at a degree of composite imagination and thought.
It intends to set up the understudies for inventive and applied duties in the realm of craftsmanship and structure. In its range of presence of almost 67 years of the College has slowly developed to guarantee a lifted up position in the instructing of artistic work in the nation and tantamount to some other craftsmanship found in the World.
A phenomenal scope of support is visualized to situate our instructing projects to bond relationships with Industry, Commerce, and Professionals comprising NGOs, in future recommendations. This is notwithstanding the previously existing broad understudy research improvement ventures, delineated talks/showings by welcomed visitors, workshops, instructive examination visits, and so forth in all the divisions to make an impetus for a luxuriously remunerating learning experience and the future achievements of the understudies.
The library of the college offers a comprehensive collection of more than 17,500 books associating with Fine Arts, English, History of Arts, Periodicals, Aesthetics, Visual Communication, Methods and Materials, Sanskrit, and much more. It also includes an Art Material Shop located within the premises for easy access to Art material for the students.
College of Arts is a foundation set up in 1942 for cutting edge preparing in Visual Art (Creative and Applied) prompting the Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree of the University of Delhi, further giving development preparing in Master in Fine Art course(except Art History) in Applied Art, Art History, Painting, Printmaking Sculpture, and Visual Communication with an accentuation on studio practicals, endorsed hypothesis subjects, and examination in chosen fields.
Installations gave by this school are acceptable. Classrooms are roomy, and you can discover loads of good books in the library. Sports and games like basketball are accessible. you can go to the exercise center early morning to do a few activities the college provides a decent gym. The school gives Wi-Fi, and the food offered in the flask is acceptable and less expensive. The college does not provide any hostel facility and hence most of the students live in the PGs.
KNOW YOUR COLLEGE- COLLEGE OF ARTS DELHI UNIVERSITY
- Best courses offered by The College Of Arts- Some best courses offered in this college are Applied Art, Art History, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture, and Visual Communication.
- NIRF Ranking of the College Of Arts – Not available.
- Fees range- The fees for the first year of college of arts Delhi University is RS 20,800 for F.A, RS 25,800 for MFA, and RS 25,800 for PG Diploma (Total Fees).
- Fun facts about the College Of Arts – college of arts have two canteens within the campus and hence students can enjoy the canteen of both the colleges. It is one of the best things in this college.
Moreover, The College location is near to different markets, Students never miss a chance to visit different cafes for delicious food and have fun with their friends.
- Placement companies that come to the College Of Arts – There is no placement cell in this college. None of the companies visits the campus for placements. Nevertheless, students do get jobs effortlessly after obtaining their courses. Faculty members try their best to enable students in finding good jobs.
This is similar for internships too. Students get internship alternatives with the help of faculty members. So if you are interested to get admission in this college then you should go for it as it will provide a great opportunity, where you are going to enhance your skills and talent.
- What campus does the College Of Arts belong to? The college belongs to the Off-Campus.
- What is the proper address of the college? College of Arts, Tilak Marg, Bhagwan Das Lane, Mandi House, New Delhi, Delhi 110001.
- Nearest metro station to the College Of Arts- The Nearest Metro Station to the College of Arts in Pragati maidan Metro.
- The nearest market to the College Of Arts- The Khan Market, DDA Market Matka Peer, Cloth Market(725, Church Mission Rd, Home fabric & upholstery market) is the closest to the College of Arts.
- Other DU colleges besides the College Of Art – Lady Irwin College.
- Nearest PG available to College Of Arts – The area where you can fund PGs nearest to the college of arts is Tilak Marg.
- Famous alumni of the College Of Arts- The famous alumni of the college of arts includes Shekhar Gurera (1986–90), Pradeep Sarkar (1975–79) (filmmaker), Gopi Gajwani , Paresh Maity, Bhupinder Singh Bagga (1966–70), Sharnav Datta(2010–14), Manil Gupta, Gogi Saroj Pal, Subhod Gupta, Amba Sanyal, Sumit Sehgal(2012–16), Utkarsh Verma, Harun Robert, Piyush Pal Singh (2013–2017), Pushpendra Tripathi (Atmaprakat), D. B. Seth (1972–76), Gurinder Osan (1986–90).
FAMOUS SOCIETIES OF COLLEGE OF ARTS DELHI UNIVERSITY DELHI UNIVERSITY
There is no particular society in the college of arts Delhi university, but it organizes the different fields of the co-curricular fest.
METHOD OF SELECTION- COLLEGE OF ARTS DELHI UNIVERSITY
Just the up-and-comers making sure about half or more stamps in the Aptitude Test will be considered for affirmation to the Foundation. The Final determination of the applicants will be made carefully arranged by merit in the following way: –
- An aggregate of 60% marks will be provided for the Aptitude Test.
- An aggregate of 40% marks will be provided for marks made sure about by the competitor in the 10+2 or equal examination.
POSTGRADUATE COURSES IN ARTS DU
There are four courses offered by the college of arts in postgraduation. Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Art Specialisation, Sculpture Specialisation, Printmaking Specialization, Visual Communication Specialization.
The Admission Notification is released by the college for admission to PG Diploma.
All the latest information regarding this is available on the College website. The candidates can apply to these courses online, in a prescribed application form within the notified period. The admission process for this course usually begins around the month of November with the filling of an online application form and lasts until April when the students are admitted to the college.
College Of Arts is one of the off-campus colleges which have good faculty, and consist of quite a diverse crowd. Also, the College furnishes a brilliant outlet for the students. The campus is loaded with activities all year round. Moreover, the College Of Art is best for learners who want to pursue a career in co-curricular activities. Also, the college has many delightful aspects. Your three years in this college is going to be one of the best three years of life. If you are getting the opportunity to get admission to this college then you should grab this. The amount of exposure you will get here will be unparalleled to anything you might get in any other college.
To read more about other DU colleges, visit here.
FOR MORE DELHI UNIVERSITY UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
A good listener and lover of science and technology to use that for creating art with a passion for poetry, research, and dance. A girl who is curious, Energetic, and enthusiastic about helping others.