“The media industry is growing and we found a growing demand among students for journalism”, said Neeti Vaid, associate professor at IHE.
Table of Contents
- 1 Delhi University announced Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism from this academic session and gain popularity by getting 79,000 applications.
- 2 Institute of Home Economics (IHE) will offer BA (Hons.) Programme in Journalism from this academic session, will become the sixth college, after Lady Shri Ram College, Kalindi, Kamla Nehru College, Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Maharaja Agrasen College, under DU offering this course.
- 3 The 5 Year Integrated Course will end with students getting an M.A Degree in Journalism. The students have an option to exit after three years with a bachelor’s degree.
- 4 The final approval to start a separate Journalism school is awaiting from the Academic Council. Recently this proposal was approved by the University Standing Committee.
- 5 One of the Guest Teachers, Ms. Neeti Vaid, Associate Professor at IHE said “It is a comprehensive course. We will invite people from the industry to provide practical knowledge to the students”.
- 6 The structure of the course is like, It is compulsory to study at least one regional and one foreign language each semester over the five years.
- 7 Options for Regional Languages are – Bengali and Tamil Nadu. Options for Foreign Languages are – French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese Journalism is a dream of many students, as media industry is growing.
- 8 – By Prachi Agarwal