News

JNU TO REMAIN CLOSED TILL MAY 17- OFFICIAL NOTICE

On Sunday, an official notice has been released by the Jawaharlal Nehru University which states that the Jawaharlal Nehru University will remain closed till 17 May 2020 due to outbreak of the coronavirus. The students should not return to the college campus till further notice said the Jawaharlal Nehru administration.

The Jawaharlal Nehru University is following the declarations issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. The notice was released by JNU in a chain with the notice released on 19 March 2020, followed by a notice of 1 April and 14 April.

On Friday, the Indian government announced lockdown till May 17. This Lockdown 3.0 is not the same as the other two,  some relaxations have been given by the government like relaxation for business activities and people movement within an area with limited or no COVID-19 cases. There will be a complete ban on air travel, trains and interstate road transport for the general public while educational institutions, theatres, malls, hotels and bars, as per the report of PTI.

As per the official notice of Jawaharlal Nehru University :

Earlier the application process was scheduled to end on 30 April. Meanwhile, NTA has extended the last date to submit the online application form for Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination (JNUEE) 2020 till May 15 amid coronavirus lockdown. Aspirants must follow the instructions rigorously as given in the Information Bulletin and on NTA website jnuexams.nta.nic.in, www.nta.ac.in to fill the application form.

Last month, approval of the suggestions has been submitted by the Jawaharlal Nehru University. The recommendations by its various school on conducting exams in view of the lockdown required due to the outbreak of coronavirus.

A statement from the varsity Registrar said,” Knowing well that Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)  regulations do not allow student involvement in discussions and decisions related to evaluation matters, ‘some students have fed misinformation to the media that they were not consulted while taking decisions on mid-semester and end-semester examinations for the current semester”. The varsity has also said it is “not only deplorable but also harmful to the interests of the student community, as thousands of students now at their homes could be victims of such misinformation campaign”.

~Neha Dhingra

Siddharth Anand

A Social Media geek who enjoys writing about youth and their life. Marketer by profession, Digital marketer by passion.

Recent Posts

DU 99th Convocation: Students asked to wear Indian attire ‘Angvastras’

DU 99th Convocation: Delhi University will conduct the 99th convocation on 25 February 2023. According… Read More

1 day ago

DELHI HIGH COURT SUPERVISES DU TO TAKE DISCIPLINARY MEASURES TO DISMISS MISLEADING ELIGIBILITY BARS FOR ADMISSIONS

Delhi High Court has overseen Delhi University taking instantaneous offset calculations by withdrawing all material… Read More

2 days ago

How to download APK on mobile?

4rabet app review   Having a good time after work or on weekends will help… Read More

3 days ago

DELHI UNIVERSITY’S HANSRAJ COLLEGE SETS THE TABLE FOR DIFFERENTLY-ABLED

Hansraj College: Wheelchair-bound Kanhaiya Kumar belongs to the Nawada district in Bihar. He is on… Read More

3 days ago

DU Received 1,700 Applications For A Fee Waiver Scheme, Final List Will Release Soon

The Fee Waiver Scheme is for students from a financially weak background, under which nearly… Read More

3 days ago