Indian Institute of Management or IIM Bangalore, is an institute of National Importance and public business school. It was established in 1973 and is located in Bangalore, India. After IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Calcutta, IIM Banglore was the third IIM to be established.
Applications for Research Associate/ Assistant regarding the History project for the year 2020 are being invited by IIM Bangalore.
About IIM Bangalore History Project
In order to document the transition of IIM Bangalore since its origin, IIM Bangalore has introduced this History Project. The project will lead up to a comprehensive institutional account of IIM Bangalore. Thus, it will also be envisaged as a multi-pronged strategy with conventional outcomes.
Eligibility For IIM Bangalore History Project
- Candidate should hold a post-graduation degree ideally in English Language/Literature, History, Humanities, or Economics. Graduates in Management and other disciplines will also be eligible.
- Candidates should rather be experienced in Research and Documentation.
- Candidates should also hold the knowledge of web formats, audio, and video.
- Good grip over English grammar and Language.
- Some understanding with publishing procedures; decent editing and writing abilities
- Mastery in MS Word comprising PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Must possess an understanding of Zoom as well as Microsoft Teams.
- Decent computer skills, including experience and knowledge of web formats, video, and audio.
- Sharp interpersonal communication skills- written and verbal.
- Proficiency to uphold composed and detailed written and electronic records of the relevant task of the department.
- Capacity to multi-task and simultaneously work on several prongs of the project, in order to deal with the deliverables and stir timelines.
Work Profile and responsibilities
Following are the rules and responsibilities regarding the project:-
- Archival research in online and web resources, audio-visual (video and photographs) storages, and print documents.
- Documentation of the outcomes of the research and varied endeavors as compelled – handling databases, generating reports, templates.
- Dealing with web initiatives – blending with external and internal functionaries.
- Conducting interactions and interviews with the identified resource individuals.
- Conserving qualitative data such as discussions and interviews, transcribing, and editing articles.
- Coordination of several actions, organizing meetings, follow-ups, assembling minutes, and tasks as expected.
- Following up with outsourced partners and dealers.
- Autonomous correspondence and interaction with external agencies, and internal stakeholders.
- Any additional work, appointed from time to time.
Students willing to apply for IIM Bangalore history research project can register themselves on the IIMB website. Candidates can apply for the history project by August 31. To apply click here.
FOR MORE SUCH UPDATES FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM