IBPS has newly released its calendar for 2020-2021. It’s the duration for banking candidates to tighten up their belt and give an extra perimeter to their rehearsal with the help of this article.
IBPS PO is stated to be held tentatively on 3rd, 4th, 10th October 2020. While IBPS Clerk will be held on 12th, 13th, 19th November 2020. Thus giving sufficient time for the students to formulate and to strategize for these exams. This is One of the most sorted reliefs for serious banking candidates.
The examination calendar for IBPS Clerk (CRP X) is now out. Those aspirants who were eagerly waiting for the alternative can now prepare for IBPS Clerk. From this article, IBPS Clerk aspirants get every essential resource like syllabus, exam pattern, books, and much more. Ready for the IBPS Clerk examination strategy by referring to these reserves and the preparation tips given here for both introductory and mains exams.
Important Dates for IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk 2020
Check IBPS Exam Dates 2020-21:
Stages for Recruitment of IBPS PO and Clerk 2020
|IBPS Clerk||Prelims||Mains||No Interview|
Syllabus For IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk 2020
Both the exams have prelim and mains stage and the syllabus is the same for both the exams. For Prelims of both the exams, one has to prepare for English, Reasoning, and Quantitative aptitude. Though difficulty level differs between them. IBPS clerk is comparatively more scoring than IBPS PO.
For Mains stage, the syllabus is again the same but one has to prepare thoroughly for banking and static awareness and current affairs as well. General awareness can bring you to the list of selected candidates. Hence it is advisable to follow daily current affairs.
The interview is only for IBPS PO and hence ample preparation of current affairs during mains will pave the way for this stage. Routine newspaper reading would also enable in attacking burning day to day topics. The Hindu and Economic Times can be used as a reference for the stage.
As we have already discussed the syllabus its time for the next step that is preparation. For prelims, one needs to focus both on accuracy and speed.
How to start preparation for IBPS PO and IBPS Clerk?
- The vocabulary portion is very significant as it can help you in sacking the difficult passage.
- To improve vocabulary you can refer to Learn Vocabulary for Bank exams on different sites like bankersadda. You can also find vocabulary based on the Hindu Editorial on the sites.
- Only If you are good at reading, start with Reading comprehension. This section can fetch you 5-6 marks. Otherwise start with grammar-based questions, Error Detection, Fillers, Cloze test, etc.
- Revise all the chapters of grammar as it will help you gain marks in the error detection part.
- Give speed tests on different apps to increase accuracy and speed.
- Focus more on RC and Para jumble as they constitute the larger a portion of this section.
- Give some Mains Mock for the close experience of the difficulty level of the questions.
- Data Interpretation constitutes a major portion of this section. One can expect around 10-15 questions from this topic. Good command over topics like Percentage, Profit and loss, Time and work, speed and distance, would help the aspirant to ace this section.
- simplification & approximation is one the easy topic and can fetch you good marks and can give you a good start.
- Questions based on number series, data sufficiency and quantity one and quantity too are some miscellaneous types of questions that can be ace with the help of speed test of mini mocks.
- The focus should be more on Data interpretation as this again constitute a major portion of the questions asked in the exam.
- Give some mock and a thorough analysis should be done. Give ample time to solve a question. The focus should be to learn various types of Questions asked in the exam.
- The different sites and apps also have a sectional test for Mains so that candidates can work extensively on their weak areas rather than wasting their time on solving all the sections.
The practice is the key to ace this section.
- Puzzles can be considered the king of this section as it dominates the whole reasoning section. There may be 3-4 sets of the puzzle in the exam comprising of 20-25 marks. Ample practice will pave the way for you to excel in this section.
- Miscellaneous questions on topics like coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, inequality, etc. can also fetch you those extra marks needed to clear the cut-off.
- Use more sites and apps mini mocks and speed tests to increase your speed in solving puzzles.
- Focus more on a new type of questions as they are supposedly doable than most of the puzzle types you must be knowing.
- Critical Reasoning also comes under this section. A thorough understanding of these types of questions can give you an edge.
- Give Mocks and their thorough analysis should be done.
General Awareness for IBPS PO & IBPS Clerk 2020
- This section can give you those extra marks needed for your final selection.
- Students are advised to at least go through the last 5-6 months of Current affairs.
- Daily news analysis on different YouTube channel is a great source to ace this section.
- Monthly G.K capsule of Hindu Reviews on the different websites can be used as a supplement.
Descriptive writing in IBPS PO 2020
It is another section in IBPS PO Mains comprises of 25 marks where a student is supposed to write an article and letter. Reading newspapers will help you tackle this section. You can practice by writing letters to the editor, branch manager, and informal letter. For essay writing try to write on topics related to current affairs.
Interview Round in IBPS PO 2020
The interview is the final round in the selection process for IBPS PO 2020 recruitment. There is no interview contest for IBPS Clerk recruitment.
- Reading The Newspaper to tackle those burning questions of the panel.
- You can also join the IBPS PO interview boot camp of different apps for your personal guidance experienced teachers at the time of your preparation for the interview round.
Following are some books suggested for IBPS Clerk preparations-