Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay is going to end the online application window for GATE 2021 today. Students who fulfill the GATE 2021 eligibility criteria can apply online at gate.iitb.ac.in. As prescribed by IIT Bombay, students can submit their application forms till October 12 along with a late fee of Rs. 500. Students seeking admission to postgraduate courses in science or engineering can register for the GATE entrance exam.
The Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering is conducted in eight zones across India jointly by the prestigious seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, and IIT Kharagpur) and, Indian Institute of Science (IISc Bangalore).
GATE registration forms can further be edited after the registration process closes. IIT Bombay will later reopen the facility to rectify or make corrections for the mistakes in the already filled GATE exam registration form between 28th October and 13th November. GATE 2021 is scheduled to take place on 5th, 6th, 7th, 12th, 13th, and 14th February.
Steps of Procedure for GATE 2021 Registration
- First, visit the official website of GATE IIT Bombay I.e., https://appsgate.iitb.ac.in/.
- Click on the GATE online application processing system link (GOAPS) and complete the process.
- Fill in the details for the registration process for GATE 2021.
- Upload all the required documents including scanned signature and scanned photograph in the required format.
- Pay the required fee for the GATE exam application form.
- Preview the details filled in GATE 2021 application form.
- Submit the application form for the GATE entrance exam.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2021
Students who have completed their undergraduate degree in technology or engineering degree in any relevant science stream are qualified and eligible for applying for the GATE exam. The GATE examination administering body has made it eligible for both final year and pre-final year students of their qualified engineering degree to apply for the GATE exam.