St. Stephens is one of the most oldest and prestigious colleges for arts and sciences in India. The college offers both graduates and post graduates. It also offers foreign language certificate, diploma and advanced diploma courses like French, German, Spanish (affiliated to the Department of Germanic and Romance Studies, University of Delhi), Chinese and Japanese (affiliated to the Department of East Asian Studies, University of Delhi), Arabic and Urdu and Persian (run by the college).
The details for all the languages are here –
- Certificate Course is available in French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Urdu and Persian.
- Diploma Course is available in French, German, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese.
- Advanced Diploma Course is available in French, German, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese.
- Admission is online based and the forms will be available on College Website. Apply Here – http://cfl.ststephens.edu/
- At the time of submitting application, applicants have to pay a Registration fee of Rs.500/-
- Students can apply for multiple languages, but they can enroll for one language.
- FOR CERTIFICATE COURSES: 55 % and above in English in 12th standard or equivalent. Admission will be on the basis of the composite merit adding marks obtained for plus two and English Language.
- FOR DIPLOMA COURSES: Certificate in the relevant language from DU are eligible to appear for the test. Admission is only through the entrance test.
- FOR ADVANCED DIPLOMA COURSES: Diploma in the relevant language from DU are eligible to appear for the test. Admission is only through the entrance test.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:
Classes will be begin from the first week of August 2017 and will continue until the end of March 2018. Examination will be held in April. The classes are available on both weekdays and weekends.
- Arabic,Urdu and Persian :
Rs. 6000/- for Indian Students and Rs. 10,000/- for Foreign Students.
- Chinese and Japanese: Rs. 17,000/-
- All other languages: Rs. 18,000/- (For Weekdays Batch) and Rs. 20,00/- (For Weekend Batch).
Regular students of St. Stephens College will get 10% fees concession.
The fees can be submitted directly (through challan) to the Syndicate Bank opposite the office of the Center for Languages).
Fees once paid is non – refundable. Transfer of one course to another after admission is not permitted.
Students enrolled to these courses are not entitled to any facility open to regular students. Identity cards of the School of Languages will be issued to them.
For more information, regarding the class timings of the Languages are –
Certificate Courses – http://www.ststephens.edu/certificate-course/
Diploma Courses – http://www.ststephens.edu/diploma-course/
Advanced Diploma Courses – http://www.ststephens.edu/advanced-diploma-course/
– By Prachi Agarwal