News UGC WARNS NOT TO TAKE ADMISSION IN THESE 24 UNIVERSITIES: FAKE UNIVERSITIES...
New Delhi, India: University Grant Commission (UGC), has recently released the list of fake universities. According to the report produced by UGC, the degree offered by these universities holds no value as these universities are not entitled to a conference of degrees. There is a total number of fake Universities listed by the Commission is 24 and out of these 24 universities, 7 and situated in Delhi. The released list is available on the official website of UGC www.ugc.ac.in. The commission has taken out the notice to not to get into any of these fake universities.
The list includes the universities from Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Odisha and Pondicherry.
The admission session is about to begin and the step of identifying and putting the fake universities on board by UGC, the higher education regulatory body is worth appreciable.
UGC on Tuesday published the list of these fake universities:
1. Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
2. Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi.
3. United Nations University, Delhi.
4. Vocational University, Delhi.
5. ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi – 110008.
6. Indian Institution of Science and Engineering, New Delhi
7. Viswakarma Open University for Self-employment, India, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK DEPOT, New Delhi110033
8. Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), 351-352, Phase-I, Block-A, Vijay Vihar, Rithala, Rohini, Delhi-110085
9. BadaganviSarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum (Karnataka)
10. St. John’s University, Kishanattam, Kerala
11. Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
12. Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, 80, Chowringhee Road, Kolkata- 20.
13. Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, 8-A, Diamond Harbor Road Builtech inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpukur, Kolkata-700063.
14. Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi, UP/Jagatpuri, Delhi.
15. Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women’s University) Prayag, Allahabad ( UP )
16. Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad (UP)
17. National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur
18. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, (UP).
19. Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, KosiKalan, Mathura (UP).
20. Maharana Partap Shiksha NiketanVishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh (UP).
21. Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area, Khoda, Makanpur, Noida, Phase-II, (UP)
22. Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, AnupoornaBhawan, Plot No. 242, PaniTanki Road, Shaktinagar, Rourkela-769014.
23. North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, University Road Baripada, Distt. Mayurbhanj, Odisha-757003
24. Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, No. 186, Thilaspet, Vazhuthavoor Road, Pondicherry-605009
In the year 2017, UGC produced a list of 22 fake universities which were functioning all around the country.
On November 3rd , Supreme Court cited an order letter in which, the use of word ‘University’ by deemed-to-be-universities is said to be violation of Section 23 of UGC Act, 1956.
Later, on November 10th, UGC had asked 123 deemed-to-be-universities to remove the word ‘University’ from their names.
The Section 23 of UGC Act, 1956, prohibits the use of word ‘University’, by any institutions other than a university established as stated above and are punishable under law.
By the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, only a University established by a Central, State/ Provincial Act or an institution deemed to be university under section 3 or an institution especially empowered by an Act of Parliament are allowed to confer UGC specified degrees under section 22(3) of the Act.