Facebook is offering a fellowship program to support and motivate aspiring doctoral students. The aspirants who are committed to appropriate and inventive research in domains associated with engineering and Computer Science at a renowned University can apply.
Students in any year of their Ph.D. can apply for this program. The program will benefit competent students from minority groups that are traditionally underrepresented. Applications submitted are to be assessed based on the vigor of the research declaration, recommendation letters, and publication record of the student.
The winners of the Fellowship Program will be bestowed to two years of tuition and fees paid, an allowance of $37,000, and conference travel support for up to $5,000 each year.
Currently, fellows are invited for the annual Fellowship Program at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park. As a part of the summit, the fellows and the rest of the winners can connect with each other. They can share their recent study, learn more about research at Facebook, and speak with Facebook teams and researchers.
Benefits of the Facebook Fellowship Program
- Tuition and academic fees will be paid for up to two years (four semesters).
- A stipend of $42,000 will be annually given to cover living and conference travel expenses.
- Visit for the annual Fellowship Summit at the Facebook Headquarters will be reimbursed.
Eligibility for the program
- Candidates applying for the program must be full-time Ph.D. students. They should be enrolled in any recognized University around the world, by the start of the fellowship, i.e. fall 2021.
- Students applying must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more pertinent domains.
- Students must continue to be full-time enrolled for the period of the fellowship to obtain advantages from the program.
Students will be restricted to apply for Facebook fellowships if they are vigorously being funded by Facebook through some other collaboration or sponsorship or if they are vigorously being overseen by a Facebook Researcher.
Process For Applying For Fellowship Program
Applications must comprise :
1. A research summary of about 5500 words, that certainly specifies the area of focus, the significance of the field, and relevance to Facebook of the scheduled exploration during the award.
2. Two recommendation letters, where one is from an academic advisor. Students need to provide their references’ contact data and a corresponding form will be sent to them to submit their letters.
Click here, to apply for the fellowship.
The last date for applying is October 1, 2020.