Delhi

St Stephen Admission 2022: On Tuesday St Stephen’s College affiliated with DU announced that it will conduct interviews of 15 percent weightage for all categories. On this, Delhi University Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Singh told that he will resolve the matter through dialogue instead of confrontation.

As a minority college, St Stephen’s issued an official notification and guidelines for the UG 2022 admission. According to this, it will allocate 85 % weightage for the Common University Entrance Test (CUET). Whereas, the remaining 15% will be carried out by interviews. The interviews will be conducted for all categories of candidates. 

What is the issue between College and University?

Further, the DU St Stephen’s College said that it has the right to forward the admission as per its policy. Because this right is guaranteed to them as a minority college. 

Delhi University recruitment: Apply for Assistant Professor vacancies

At the start of this month, DU VC Yogesh Singh remarked that colleges should consider CUET marks only in general seat admission. However, they can hold interviews of 15% weightage for minority seats after assigning 85% to CUET scores.

Now, to resolve the issue regarding St Stephen admission, DU VC Yogesh is likely to invite the principal of both the minority colleges for discussion. These colleges include St Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College. 

Moreover, Yogesh Singh said that varsity does not want confrontation as they will solve the issue without it. Also, they are not challenging the college’s legal authority. They just want to solve the matter.

CUET 2022 Registration Underway; Know how to apply

FOR MORE SUCH UPDATES ON DELHI UNIVERSITY FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here